Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   This guy is good at bowling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392546)

BruceZ 12-06-2005 01:11 PM

Re: This guy is good at bowling

[ QUOTE ]
Video

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Mike Machuga. He won that tournament. It was his first PBA national title.

If you look at the scoreboard, you can see it was his last ball, and he already had the championship game won.

JordanIB 12-06-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did this once. I was unaware that there is some sort of lubrication on the lanes. I got filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you live under a rock or something? How do you not know that bowling lanes are oiled?

BruceZ 12-06-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did this once. I was unaware that there is some sort of lubrication on the lanes. I got filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The oil pattern is a primary aspect of the game nowadays as it dictates a bowler's "line" or path to the pocket and ball selection.

handsome 12-06-2005 01:17 PM

This video got me laughing out loud and repeating "That was so dumb" over and over again.

jokerthief 12-06-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you live under a rock or something? How do you not know that bowling lanes are oiled?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a very meager childhood. I was depraved of much knowledge that many of my peers were fortunate enough to be exposed to. Such as, how to oil a bowling lane, how to secure an upper dip properly, I never did learn the golden list of the counties with the most liberal ordinances toward intrafamilial fornication, nor did I learn the best way to cook a squirrel. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

CheckRaise 12-06-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how to secure an upper dip properly

[/ QUOTE ]

Do actually use this technique for dipping? I've never tried it, thought it was really weird.

highlife 12-06-2005 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Video

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Mike Machuga. He won that tournament. It was his first PBA national title.

If you look at the scoreboard, you can see it was his last ball, and he already had the championship game won.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, so did he do that on purpose then?

siccjay 12-06-2005 09:14 PM

Yes, he did it on purpose. I actually seen him do this in person about 2 or 3 years ago. He has friends in Louisville and usually visits over the summer. Dude is pretty crazy. It's like his patented move "The Machuga Flop."

12-06-2005 09:22 PM

I think it's even cooler that he did that on purpose. He's my new favorite bowler.

WackityWhiz 12-06-2005 09:25 PM

FWIW, if you go across the foul line in bowling you get a 0 for the shot, regardless of how many pins you get. However, if you don't let go of the ball and you cross the foul line, it's legal. So if he was down by a couple of pins when he did this, as long as he holds onto the ball, he can go back and throw again.

He's a master at it, i'm pretty sure the average person would hurt themselves pretty bad if they did that.

-WW