Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   $10/20 stud high fiasco (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395529)

Andy B 12-10-2005 01:00 PM

$10/20 stud high fiasco

This was on Party, but seat 1 is someone I recognize as a half-decent regular on Stars. The other guy is unknown to me.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)
3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (9.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (6.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (9.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (12.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Total pot: (15.40 BB)

Roland 12-10-2005 01:52 PM

Re: $10/20 stud high fiasco

I don't get the 6th street check.

Roland 12-10-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was on Party, but seat 1 is someone I recognize as a half-decent regular on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does his name start with an "h"? If so, you should try to put him on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Andy B 12-10-2005 02:16 PM

Do you think I have the best hand? Do you think I am getting anyone to fold?

Chris Daddy Cool 12-10-2005 02:23 PM

i don't really know how to feel about this hand. seat 1 seems to have jacks up at worst or a straight with the case Q starting QJJ or something. if seat 1 doesn't have the case Q then i think seat 3 started with it (or burried kings). i don't think seat 3 can (or should) call the river with just one pair and that poses problems for your hand. i'd probably call but i don't know if i'd feel good about it.

TheSalche 12-10-2005 04:17 PM

Tough spot here, my guess is that seat 1 has J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Kx in the hole, or at least J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Seems like seat 3 doesn't have KK or AA in the hole (if he did, played it weakly). I think seat 3's most likely hand is some sort of straight draw with a Q, that made two pair on the river. I'm tempted to say get out on 6th, because you're probably drawing to one of the 3 aces in the deck, and that might not be good in seat 1 gets a flush or seat 3 gets a straight.

blumpkin22 12-10-2005 07:33 PM

Andy- this is a tough but correct fold on 3rd.

-The 3rd St. Police

mscags 12-10-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Andy- this is a tough but correct fold on 3rd.

-The 3rd St. Police

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

benwood 12-10-2005 08:38 PM

Blumpkin:Nice fold on 3rd.I didn't even consider it.When seat 3 raises seat 1's completion,he represents a hand better than J's.He may not have it all the time(3 flush, etc),butyour equity against the 2 of them is not great,& you will never be able to bet your hand with confidence.giving you reverse implied odds.

Ray Zee 12-10-2005 09:15 PM

ante is cheap. fold on third unless they play way too loose.

4th maybe check. they both caught good.

5th defintely check. and you could get away from the hand if you had checked on 4th. if someone bets.

since you got to 6th. its all player dependent on what to do here. even a raise to knock out kings up from the first player and hope the other guy has smaller two pair. of course you would look like a fool when they show a flush and a straight. but it may be the best play.