Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Llamas! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347405)

GemiNiveK 09-30-2005 02:22 AM

Llamas!

First they were fish...then donkeys or 'donks'. I'm tired of those. I hereby declare them Llamas.

Thank you for your time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jman220 09-30-2005 11:56 PM

Re: Llamas!

[ QUOTE ]
First they were fish...then donkeys or 'donks'. I'm tired of those. I hereby declare them Llamas.

Thank you for your time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If fish are Llamas, then TAGS are Winamp.

10-01-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Llamas

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he do car commercials some time back? I think his son did a couple of non-career-extending TV drammers.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-01-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't he do car commercials some time back?

[/ QUOTE ]
That was Ricardo "Khan" Montalban.

"...weeth fiine Coreentheean leatherrr..."

GoblinMason (Craig) 10-01-2005 11:27 PM

Spanish translation: "You call."

Position 10-01-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spanish translation: "You call."

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect!!

bolgenmod 10-02-2005 01:45 AM

Reminds me of the old Monty Python routine: "Llamas are bigger than frogs!" But are they bigger than fish?

nuclear500 10-02-2005 12:38 PM

You by chance weren't a first person shooter game (Quake, Quake2, early days of Quake3) player back in 1996-1999 were you?

That was a term we used back then to describe horrible players - the term was invented because all the person did was carry our pack for us.

The term pack referred to all the ammo and weapons the player was carrying that they dropped when they died.

Its a good fit term here too, all the player is doing is carrying our money for us until we decide to take it back.

TheBlueMonster 10-02-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You by chance weren't a first person shooter game (Quake, Quake2, early days of Quake3) player back in 1996-1999 were you?

That was a term we used back then to describe horrible players - the term was invented because all the person did was carry our pack for us.

The term pack referred to all the ammo and weapons the player was carrying that they dropped when they died.

Its a good fit term here too, all the player is doing is carrying our money for us until we decide to take it back.

[/ QUOTE ]
interesting. I still think donkey is better. Llamas isn't as catchy. "Llamas alway draw" [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

GemiNiveK 10-04-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bigtime Doom/Quake player, but I honestly don't remember the llama reference. It's funny though!

I'm using "llama" at the tables from time to time now, and I think it's starting to catch on... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]