Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   200 NL butchered flopped straight? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=282841)

svenski 06-29-2005 08:32 AM

200 NL butchered flopped straight?

Kind of new to NLHE. Like to have comments on this hand.
Too passive? Bad time to bluff?

Relevant stacks:
My stack : $150
Villain: $150+
Villain is aggresive and sees a lot of flops.

Preflop: I'm dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button.

EP openlimps and villain calls, I call and both blinds come along.

Flop (Pot: ~$10): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Three checks.
Villain bets $10
I call hoping for more calls.
All fold.

Turn (Pot: ~$30): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets $20
I call

River (Pot: ~$70): K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets $30
I raise all in.

Kind of figured this for a fold or raise situation. Do you agree?

Ghazban 06-29-2005 09:05 AM

Re: 200 NL butchered flopped straight?

Raise the flop. Slowplaying straights on two-flush boards is very bad. With all those broadways out, you'll probably get some action from a good ace or something like pair+gutshot (AQ/AT/KQ/KT/QJ/JT).

Since you didn't raise the flop, raise the turn. If villain has the flush, he'll probably let you know. If you raise the turn, get called, and get checked to on the river, you can either value bet or check behind depending on if you read villain to be the type to semibluff flop, call turn, and try to checkraise the river with a flush.

Raising the river is bad. You have plenty of showdown value but nothing you beat can call a raise except a horrible player with trip kings.

xorbie 06-29-2005 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop (Pot: ~$10): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Three checks.
Villain bets $10
I call hoping for someone to raise behind me so that I can enough of my stack in to push the turn
All fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not want multiple people in this hand without having to pay.

AceHiStation 06-29-2005 10:27 AM

85% of the time you're beat on the river. I call cause its a small bet and I'm curious, raising will only get you called by hands that beat you. A good amount of the time he's gonna turn up the flush or boat.

Chicago Kid 06-29-2005 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Three checks.
Villain bets $10
I call hoping for more calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you want to play a straight against a flush draw without charging chasers. I'm raising here.

[ QUOTE ]
turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets $20
I call

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, calling here is too passive. By calling, you go to the river wondering if your opponent has the flush, instead of knowing. Raise, and if you're reraised, get out of the way.

[ QUOTE ]
River : K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets $30
I raise all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see.... Flush on board, paired board, and you have a straight. Not only that, you have no information, since you didn't raise the turn.

Unless you have one helluva read, I'd be torn between a crying call and a fold.

You REALLY needed to gather more information on the flop and turn. You're basically blind at this point.