Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Chappelle's Show, "Season 3" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406802)

SmileyPSU 12-28-2005 10:51 PM

Chappelle\'s Show, \"Season 3\"

The skits that were filmed for season three of Chappelle's Show are going to be debuting on Comedy Central soon.

Is anyone out there kind of rooting for the third season to be subpar, so Chappelle doesn't look *as* crazy for walking away from his $50 million contract?

JordanIB 12-28-2005 10:52 PM

Re: Chappelle\'s Show, \"Season 3\"

Wouldn't that make him *more* crazy? For walking away $50 million to make a show that is "subpar"?

SmileyPSU 12-28-2005 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't that make him *more* crazy? For walking away $50 million to make a show that is "subpar"?

[/ QUOTE ]

He claims to have walked away because Season 3 was not as good as Seasons 1 and 2. He is crazy for walking away from $50 million dollars for anything short of them trying to film him shooting his family. But he would look *less* crazy, IMO, if there was a significant drop off in quality from Season 2 to Season 3.

uw_madtown 12-28-2005 11:09 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't think he looks crazy?

shant 12-28-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not crazy and the reports of that were all blown up by the media. He walked away because he didn't think the new stuff was funny and was unsure of putting out a bad show.

I'm not looking forward to the new skits and I think Comedy Central putting them out without Dave's lead-ins and the musical guests is lame.

deacsoft 12-28-2005 11:20 PM

I've heard that season 3 is just a collection of skits that didn't make the cut from seasons 1 & 2.

12-28-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that season 3 is just a collection of skits that didn't make the cut from seasons 1 & 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear all sorts of stupid [censored] but I rarely believe it.

mblax10 12-28-2005 11:32 PM

Didn't you guys see this site posted on here a few weeks ago.

Dave Chappelle did not walk away from the $50 million. The Dark Crusaders, a group of prominent African-Americans (Louis Farakhan, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Bill Cosby, Oprah Winfrey, Whoppi Goldberg & Robert Johnson) successfully plotted to get Chapelle of the air claiming he was pushing the negative black stereotype.

uw_madtown 12-28-2005 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not crazy and the reports of that were all blown up by the media. He walked away because he didn't think the new stuff was funny and was unsure of putting out a bad show.

I'm not looking forward to the new skits and I think Comedy Central putting them out without Dave's lead-ins and the musical guests is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no, I get that. I meant am I the only one who doesn't think he looks crazy for walking away from $50 million deal?

I mean, I couldn't do it, but I doubt he's got problems getting work. Gotta respect someone who's willing to put the product before the money.

shant 12-28-2005 11:46 PM

Ah, yeah I think it's very respectable. It's like Seinfeld going out on top.

IggyWH 12-28-2005 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I doubt he's got problems getting work.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who paid $50 a pop to see him in Pittsburgh a couple weeks after "flaking out", I can assure you he's got no problems getting work.

12-29-2005 12:04 AM

I saw the preview to Season 3 on Last laugh 05, and it didn't look as funny as the previous 2. But who knows it was only a preview.

thatpfunk 12-29-2005 12:19 AM

no, he got [censored] on heroin.

inside source, i swear.

SmileyEH 12-29-2005 10:09 AM

Your screenmane SUX.

-SmileyEH

12-29-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

inside source, i swear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it on the interweb, it must be true!

Sightless 12-29-2005 01:35 PM

Am I the only person here who doesnt find his humor/skits to be all that funny?

Alobar 12-29-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No no, I get that. I meant am I the only one who doesn't think he looks crazy for walking away from $50 million deal?

I mean, I couldn't do it, but I doubt he's got problems getting work. Gotta respect someone who's willing to put the product before the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt he do a bit in his standup about how he'll shill anything if he gets paid for it? He likes what ever they pay him to like?

or am i thinking about someone else??

CrazyEyez 12-29-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I've read, it's more like he has an obsessive/compulsive perfectionist kind of thing going on, where it's almost impossible for the show to live up to his own standards now. It's sort of respectable, but it's sort of nuerotic. At least that's how I've interpreted the situation.

deacsoft 12-29-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear all sorts of stupid [censored] but I rarely believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you've never repeated any of it either.

12-29-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person here who doesnt find his humor/skits to be all that funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

thatpfunk 12-29-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

inside source, i swear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it on the interweb, it must be true!

[/ QUOTE ]

or talked directly with one of his colleagues.