Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   River spot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385336)

bicyclekick 11-26-2005 12:34 AM

River spot

Full table 30/60 party. I'm not at my computer so I don't have any stats on anyone. I'm 2 tabling so I'm paying pretty good attention.

A really bad player limps, I raise A9o in the co, unkown sb and bb call, limper calls. 4 players for 2 bets.

flop A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb checks bb bets, bad player folds, i call (yes, sometimes I raise), sb folds.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he bets I call.

River 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks i ?

Mig 11-26-2005 12:36 AM

Re: River spot

I bet and fold to a raise.

psyduck 11-26-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

mscags 11-26-2005 02:42 AM

Looks like an easy bet, am I missing something BK?

CardSharpCook 11-26-2005 02:57 AM

this could be a PP. But any Ax beats you almost (A3,A5,A8). I don't really see much point in betting. This COULD be a trap. If it isn't, what calls? He has to figure us for better than 88 at least. Could he call with K-high missed flush? I think I check this down. just as likely to see AT as A8.

Schneids 11-26-2005 02:58 AM

Bet. I know you're thinking "but most lower aces have made two pair now" but I really bet he has A3 or A5 far more often than two pair trying to c/r you since why should he be expecting you to bet a river when you've just called called on this board? If you're totally uncomfortable betting because you want to get a read, then check behind.

MitchL 11-26-2005 09:21 AM

Im thinking a flop or turn raise helps hand play out smoother. Any reasons not to raise?

11-26-2005 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet. I know you're thinking "but most lower aces have made two pair now" but I really bet he has A3 or A5 far more often than two pair trying to c/r you since why should he be expecting you to bet a river when you've just called called on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]

slavic 11-26-2005 01:29 PM

I bet because after all "they want to call, they really want to call". Of course I rarely find areas were check raising the river is my play but, checkraising a good player who I think has an ace is one of those areas. I'm tricky enough that they will call and a good player will almost never skip the opportunity to bet an pair of aces heads up.

mc1023 11-26-2005 01:40 PM

BB will just call here with a worse hand enough that even if the rare few times you did get checkraised and called to lose to a better hand this is still a value bet.

and I would still call even if I got checkraised since I got no stats and I'm 2tabling so a read would be very profitable since from CO I will be raising BB's blind quite often.