Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   IT has happened to me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393408)

1C5 12-07-2005 12:53 PM

IT has happened to me

Irie said a post is allowed if IT happens.

40 buy in downswing.

Lost money over last 750 games.

This qualifies as "it" in my books.

GtrHtr 12-07-2005 12:57 PM

Re: IT has happened to me

40 in a row? If so, you have the new record at the 11s/22s, pm Pergesu to get the trophy.

Review your hands. Send them to posters you respect to review. Play some PL Omaha/8 - not a joke.

1C5 12-07-2005 01:03 PM

No, not 40 in a row, just a 40 downswing which is pretty bad in itself.

26 in a row is my record, real proud of that one.

Slim Pickens 12-07-2005 01:17 PM

Feh... I've dropped 40 buy-ins before. It's not that big a deal if you're properly bankrolled and not afraid to drop down if need be.

1C5 12-07-2005 01:18 PM

Yeah, no big deal really, I agree, still sucks a bit though.

pooh74 12-07-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

40 buy in downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frustrating man...I'm sorry. Drop down and just try to have fun and win. You'll be back to your BI level in no time and this will be but a distant memory. Also have someone who plays party 22s, or whatever you play, go over your HHs.

zipppy 12-07-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

40 buy in downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frustrating man...I'm sorry. Drop down and just try to have fun and win. You'll be back to your BI level in no time and this will be but a distant memory. Also have someone who plays party 22s, or whatever you play, go over your HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an idea..start playing the 109s. You've got to start winning eventually, and this way you'll make a lot more money! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

wiggs73 12-07-2005 01:50 PM

that's a hell of a bad streak. the only upside is that if i understand variance at all (and if you're a winning player, which i'm reasonable certain that you are), it pretty much HAS to end soon.

going along with what other posters have said... my advice would be to take a break, play some games besides sng's, or play just 1 sng at a time for a bit and really concentrate on working out any kinks in your game. i've found that most of my downswings are attributed at least partially to things besides variance, whether it be that i'm burnt out on poker in general, sng's specifically, or i'm not paying attention.

if you want me to look over any hh's, i'll be happy to. i'm sure that you've helped me during the past year by posting on here so i'd be happy to return the favor.

tshort 12-07-2005 01:52 PM

That eBay commercial is going to give me nightmares.

Mr_J 12-07-2005 02:00 PM

I've dropped 40+ twice, so I don't see it as anything special. Being down after 750 is definately worthy of some bitching though. That's 2-3 weeks work for someone putting in decent hours.