Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   rivered set, small pot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383558)

TheMainEvent 11-22-2005 07:21 PM

rivered set, small pot

UTG is unknown, MP is a little donkish, 37/2/0.6, been passive mostly but I snapped off a river bluff from him a few hands ago. FWIW, I could tell he had the "raise any" button checked on the river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (2.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero uhhhhhh....

milesdyson 11-22-2005 07:29 PM

Re: rivered set, small pot

yeah i fold this

Felipe 11-22-2005 07:30 PM

folding isn't bad. You're only getting about 5:2...no a lot. Pot's really small.

hizo1 11-22-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is unknown, MP is a little donkish, 37/2/0.6, been passive mostly but I snapped off a river bluff from him a few hands ago. FWIW, I could tell he had the "raise any" button checked on the river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (2.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (2.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero uhhhhhh....

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. I think you want overcalls in this situation. Calling gets you an extra-bet from UTG, whereas i think 3-betting gives you an extra-bet from MP only.

I think when you 3-bet and it's capped backed to you you're good &lt;30% of the time.

Weird hand, interesting situation.

edit: sorry i didn't notice the 3-flush that came through. folding is fine.

bozlax 11-22-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling gets you an extra-bet from UTG, whereas i think 3-betting gives you an extra-bet from MP only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your (and everyone else's) conclusion that the best thing is to fold this, however I'm curious, if you think you're best what difference does it make which opponent the extra bet comes from?

11-22-2005 08:44 PM

Raise it up.

eviljeff 11-22-2005 10:40 PM

the question is: are you good 29% of the time here?

trainslayer 11-22-2005 11:11 PM

Wouldn't be that small when I got thru. Raise that muther up. I think utg's tryin to buy the pot and MP's trying to resteal. If somebody just made a str8 or slowplayed a bigger set, well then good for them.

edit: dammit, i didn't see the flush either. probably wouldn't have in real life either. dammit.