Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   STTF-HUC II: It's coming (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334843)

Irieguy 09-12-2005 02:11 AM

STTF-HUC II: It\'s coming

Since the First Annual Labor Day STTF-HUC was such a huge success, I've decided to run another one sooner than next Labor Day.

The next one will be the First Annual Presidents' Day STTF-HUC. It will be held in Las Vegas over Presidents' Day weekend, which I believe is 2/18-2/20.

This is simply a preliminary post... to let you all know it's coming. The real details will follow within a few weeks. Here are the basics:

1. The format rocked, I think, so it will be the same: double-elimination.

2. I will NOT cap the field at 16. I'm not sure yet what I will cap it at... or even whether or not I will cap it. Since I already have seeding information for 16 players, this tourney will be easier to seed and I don't mind giving first round byes to the best players.

3. There will be 2 levels of buy-in again. I didn't like that going into the first one... but it turned out to be a cool little quirk, and gives a lot of different people a chance to play.

4. The payout will be structured to pay more than 1 spot, probably 3 or 4.

5. Bluetooth can't come. (which shouldn't bother him too much since all the best SNG players in the world do is talk about OT stuff anyways.)

Much more to follow. I already can't wait.

Irieguy

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:14 AM

Re: STTF-HUC II: It\'s coming

obviously.. im there ship it holla

Bonafone 09-12-2005 02:21 AM

Even though I only know a few people on the boards and rarely post I will be there donating my money.

ace_in_the_hole 09-12-2005 02:25 AM

I have already made plans to be in Vegas that weekend, so if there is a cap please let me in Irie. I have been soo jealous after seeing all the posts and pictures from the Labor Day Tourney. Thanks. Also what were the buy-ins last time?

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have already made plans to be in Vegas that weekend, so if there is a cap please let me in Irie. I have been soo jealous after seeing all the posts and pictures from the Labor Day Tourney. Thanks. Also what were the buy-ins last time?

[/ QUOTE ]

buyins were 200 for small stakes calcutta nd 500 for large stakes. holla

Jman28 09-12-2005 02:31 AM

Jman + January = 21

Watch out Vegas.

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jman + January = 21

Watch out Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

raptor + just under 2 years now = 21.

vegas applauds.

holla

Irieguy 09-12-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on how long it will take Raptor to figure out what a Calcutta is?

Greke... put it on the side bet site.

Irieguy

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on how long it will take Raptor to figure out what a Calcutta is?

Greke... put it on the side bet site.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah lets get raptor on specifics. i dont even think yer so called calcutta is a word. i have dictionary.com. you dont know bout that. WHATEVER. i hate you irie. holla

Irieguy 09-12-2005 02:47 AM

Oh yeah, Freemoney can't come either since he stiffed me on a side bet.

Funny how the only 2+2er to stiff somebody on the sidebets is called "Freemoney."

Irieguy