Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   (Video of me 20 tabling ) Final conclusions and results (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=213980)

laja 03-15-2005 09:45 PM

(Video of me 20 tabling ) Final conclusions and results

Links to old posts

Well I am finally done, would like to thank you for your guys tips in the previous post. Was fun I must say, really does drain you, don't even wanna think about poker for a week or two. But I have noticed a lot of improvement in how I can handle it compared to when I first started. Am able to make decisions faster and I even got a good read or 2 lol. I project that if I did this on a daily basis I could work my way up to be a winning player at 24 tables of $2/4...I think that would be the absolute cap though, and I'm pretty sure that if i did it I would never be able to play another real poker game again. Anyway, hope you enjoy the movie:
http://www.pokermentor.net/ftp/20_tabling_video.avi

just one final strategy question....

The only real way to get 2 bets in at .5/1 is to checkraise, but the chance of even 4-5 players letting it check through is scarily high, almost a herd mentality, so I had to make some hard decisions about when to go for it and when to not. What do you guys think?

Allinlife 03-15-2005 09:48 PM

Re: (Video of me 20 tabling ) Final conclusions and results

you sir are certainly living up to your name.

sinfulslick18 03-15-2005 09:51 PM

crazy video

-sinful

Yobz 03-15-2005 09:56 PM

The video is too choppy for me, I can't actually see your decisions...but very nice job 20-tabling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TomBrooks 03-15-2005 10:15 PM

LOL, that was so funny. I thought you were going to do it on 5 Dell LCDs with three computers. All on one screen was too funny. I liked the soundtrack too. It went well with the action.

Would be interesting to get your stats and win rate for that session. LoL.

=TomBk

krazyace5 03-15-2005 10:24 PM

Wow, thats crazy. How were your results? Were there many misclicks?

laja 03-15-2005 10:41 PM

yeah the movie is a tiny bit choppy, that was the best screen taping program I could find.

lol sorry I forgot to my stats, here:

http://www.pokermentor.net/images/pm...20_tabling.gif

ps I only made 3 misclicks in all 11k hands:D

frank_iii 03-15-2005 10:46 PM

AWESOME VIDEO!

You rule, and I'm serious.

--frank

KingMedicine 03-15-2005 11:03 PM

you are the coolest nerd alive.

pmuir10 03-15-2005 11:38 PM

Man, thats ridiculous. Nicely done. One little mechanics question, do you just sit back and let each table just pop up when its your action? Or do you click on a specific table when your involved in a big hand?

Deathbear 03-16-2005 12:05 AM

Flawless victory

toss 03-16-2005 12:09 AM

You must have a really good system and connection to handle all those tables. Would you consider using two mouses to keep up with all the hands? It would be cool to see two mouse pointers clicking on all the tables popping up.

laja 03-16-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, thats ridiculous. Nicely done. One little mechanics question, do you just sit back and let each table just pop up when its your action? Or do you click on a specific table when your involved in a big hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

ty, and tables pop-up on their own most often, but otherwise I will see it flashing and click on it. That's the most stressful part keeping cool while you see 5 tables flashing simulatenously. And if I catch up with all my hands sometimes I will just scroll through the tables. But I have cought myself paying too much attention to individual hands, most of the time I don't even get to see the outcome lol

[ QUOTE ]
You must have a really good system and connection to handle all those tables. Would you consider using two mouses to keep up with all the hands? It would be cool to see two mouse pointers clicking on all the tables popping up.

[/ QUOTE ]

no actually I prefer to use the laptop finger mouse ;]

memphis57 03-16-2005 12:52 AM

Great job, congratulations. For the benefit of anybody who didn't call up his stats, he made 4.0 BB/100 while doing this.

I think I'll email Party and report you as a bot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TomBrooks 03-16-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my stats:http://www.pokermentor.net/images/pm...20_tabling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
4 BB/100! Thats excellent. I figure you were doing at least 50 hands/hr/table so that would be 1000hand/hr or $40/hr. Very good. Could you do that for 40 hours per week? Lol.

contentless 03-16-2005 01:22 AM

I'm not doubting you, but maybe your PT screenshots aren't telling us something. Or maybe I'm interpreting them wrong. The problem is that your sessions all start at different times, and instead all end at the same time. I'd expect the 20 tables to all begin at around the same time.

Regardless, the video is still very, very impressive.

stinkypete 03-16-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not doubting you, but maybe your PT screenshots aren't telling us something. Or maybe I'm interpreting them wrong. The problem is that your sessions all start at different times, and instead all end at the same time. I'd expect the 20 tables to all begin at around the same time.

Regardless, the video is still very, very impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

not all tables stay full. he has to open up new ones once in a while, when tables break up. his multitable ratio is > 17.

contentless 03-16-2005 01:30 AM

Oh right. Someday I'll learn to read. Damn you, letters!

Momo 03-16-2005 01:46 AM

What are the stats on your computer? I'm wondering what kind of computer it takes to keep all this running smooth.

Lawrence Ng 03-16-2005 01:46 AM

I guess years of Starcraft really helps eh? LOL, I have a good friend who play Starcraft comppetitively and he multi-tables very well too.

Lawrence

laja 03-16-2005 02:47 AM

I think my old one was about pentium 4 1800 MGHZ, 256 ram, nvidia gforce 4 4200

[ QUOTE ]
I guess years of Starcraft really helps eh? LOL, I have a good friend who play Starcraft comppetitively and he multi-tables very well too.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

true that, I was protoss and they needed absurd micro ^^;; it is so amazing that SC is still up and running competitively, I mean I played that game 5-6 years ago. I would really like to see the replay for the best game of it ever played, and if the game has practically been solved yet

on a side note it seems just like poker is the perfect for computer gamers, MMORPGers finally being able to min-max without being bitched at for being anal, and people who want to master a game just for the love of mastering a single thing (SC & CS) now being able to derive large amounts of $ from it.

Isura 03-16-2005 02:54 AM

Dude, seriously the close web browser and photo viewer. You are truly a badass. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Daliman 03-16-2005 02:56 AM

How can I get my tabs at the bottom of the screen to stack like yours? Now, once the bottom fills they consolidate, which I hate.

P.S. yer the king

AncientPC 03-16-2005 03:10 AM

Ahahaha I knew you must've had some history of RTS gaming. 150apm anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
How can I get my tabs at the bottom of the screen to stack like yours? Now, once the bottom fills they consolidate, which I hate.

P.S. yer the king

[/ QUOTE ]

Drag the task bar to 3 or 4 rows, then right-click and go to properties, uncheck "Group similar taskbar buttons", click ok.

Daliman 03-16-2005 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahahaha I knew you must've had some history of RTS gaming. 150apm anyone?

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. yer the king

[/ QUOTE ]

Drag the task bar to 3 or 4 rows, then right-click and go to properties, uncheck "Group similar taskbar buttons", click ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bless you sir...

siccjay 03-16-2005 03:44 AM

amazing

SoftcoreRevolt 03-16-2005 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
true that, I was protoss and they needed absurd micro ^^;; .

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please! The Siege tanking micro was way more tedious than Protoss micro!

Of course, I normally just got lazy with Protoss and built as many Carriers as the unit limit would allow in the giant 8 player games I'd play with friends. Nothing is funnier than seeing two people conspiring to kill you as you take over the map, ganging up on one carrier fleet while sending another army to attack your other flank... just to find another giant carrier fleet waiting for them.

Ah memories... It was the cheesiest strategy known to man, but to implement it with the maximum number possible was beautiful.

Maybe I should try adding more tables to my game now, I never really thought about the RTS backround being a help, but it certaintly applies in this situation.

And while the video is amazing, the 4 BB win rate is just incredible 20 tabling. It may just be .5/1, but I assumed you HAD to at least drop to 3~.

SCfuji 03-16-2005 04:53 AM

that is awesome. how many times did you get timed out?

Jeff W 03-16-2005 05:34 AM

Awesome. U r teh man.

Encore?

yellowjack 03-16-2005 05:44 AM

You have no idea what you're talking about sir.

Protoss were the macroing race, unless you're a Garimto-type it's Zerg and Terran that need the quick hand speed. That's why there are so few Korean professional gamers that Protoss. Hence the foreigners like Nazgul, Rekrul, and HellGhost (I think) playing as toss only.

Edit: What was your APM? I only hit 120 APM in a game less than 30 mins. In comparison for those wondering, progamers are typically 300+ though some manage to get by with 150+.

sweetmoses 03-16-2005 05:59 AM

BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aflaba 03-16-2005 09:10 AM

links don't work anymore. I want watch toooo

OrangeKing 03-16-2005 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
links don't work anymore. I want watch toooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance someone could set up a mirror? This sounds great. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

drexah 03-16-2005 09:57 AM

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

help

LALDAAS 03-16-2005 10:30 AM

ya i would like to watch as well.

ttleistdci 03-16-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto that. Mirror anyone?

AncientPC 03-16-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I uploaded it:
http://temp.dallascbc.com/20_tabling_video.avi

daveymck 03-16-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I uploaded it:
http://temp.dallascbc.com/20_tabling_video.avi

[/ QUOTE ]

TYVM

ttleistdci 03-16-2005 01:32 PM

Thanks for the mirror

That was friggen awesome.

Ian M. 03-16-2005 01:57 PM

Anyone having problems viewing the video from the mirror? I'm getting sound but no video.