Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Hand against Numpty... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397526)

krishanleong 12-13-2005 10:49 AM

Hand against Numpty...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Numpty is 27/18/1.9/39 over 27604. He is probably a 2+2er. He is capable of trying to isolate me. I'm not sure how he is going to react with the 3rd player all in. I don't really expect him to bet worse hands on the turn. I'm calling strictly for my draws.

Krishan

Converter error. There is a guy all in preflop.

12-13-2005 11:01 AM

Re: Hand against Numpty...

I'd bet the flop and call a raise.

Turn fine.

On the river, I'd bet and call a raise 100% of the time. I dont think your river fold is good, particularly based on datamined information, and given your read that he tries to isolate you.

krishanleong 12-13-2005 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of a flop bet?

Krishan

stigmata 12-13-2005 11:06 AM

I play it the same, although I call the river, saying to myself "I only need to be good 1/12".... But I don't see what he is 3-betting that you beat, so it's probably a good fold.

sublime 12-13-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

you win more when you spike a J silly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i dont like the river fold either.

krishanleong 12-13-2005 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not and what is your river line? What hand is he 3-betting here that I beat?

Krishan

sublime 12-13-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not and what is your river line? What hand is he 3-betting here that I beat?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

my answer is the same as stigmatas really. KQ is of course that hand that i tell myself he has and i call. i try not to overthink situations like this on the river and just take the easy way out and call. or in other words, because i dont like the river and say that i call doesnt mean that i am right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

me = sucka

12-13-2005 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy is isolating you, a flop bet helps you know whether he has isolated you with a middle pocket pair, or a hand like AJ. The value of this is whether you can call/make a showdown bet if your K or Q pair.

12-13-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the question has less to do with "what is he three betting", and more, "what hand do I expect him to bet on the river?"

If he will bet any ace on the river, your checkraise makes an extra bet. But I think this is optimistic, since the only aces that he might bet on the river are AJ-AK, since any lower kickers have been counterfeited.

If he will check the river with KK or JJ or a middle pocketpair, or ace-no kicker like AT or worse, you lose a bet.

If you bet and he raises, you will beat all overplayed aces and big pocket pairs. Your bet on the river smells a bit like a bluff-donk on a paired board, so hands like AK might well raise for value.

Of course, if you are absolutely crushed by hands like AQ or TT, you still lose 2 bets, but you made it to showdown.

Therefore, I like betting the river and calling a raise.

Wynton 12-13-2005 12:14 PM

How much do you think it matters that a player is allin? I've been noticing (at 5/10 at least) that, when there's a third player allin, people have somewhat of a tendency to overplay their hands.