Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rivered Flush gets Check-raised (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355647)

DoomSlice 10-11-2005 08:48 PM

Rivered Flush gets Check-raised

Nice juicy table. Villain plays pretty well... very well in fact.

Hero is Button with QT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain is UTG

Preflop:
UTG limps, half the table limps, Hero limps, blinds complete/check

Flop (7SB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, all 3 of the middle players call, I raise, UTG 3-bets, unfortunately all 3 of the middle players fold, I call

Turn (8BB): 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls

River (10BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero????

Your move.

10-11-2005 08:52 PM

Re: Rivered Flush gets Check-raised

3 BETS

gonzopro 10-11-2005 08:55 PM

I call. I suspect UTG has a flush that mostlikely beats yours >50% of the time (so no value in 3bet) but definitely less than 90%(so +EV to call).

tor 10-11-2005 08:55 PM

Call. It looks exactly like a well played value bet on the flop to the FD and the 3bet looks to fold higher clubs improperly played.

The range of hands a good player limps UTG and continues like this easily beat your clubs if he held two, which he's representing. A set is out of the question because of his passiveness on teh turn.

Webster 10-11-2005 08:56 PM

PERSONALLY - I would just call but I'm a 2.45BB/100 weak player. Times like that scare me and your only losing 1 BB and only winning 1 BB - big deal at this point.

Check raising he has good cards and maybe limped in with A or K bad kicker.

Take check raisers seriously!

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG

Buckmulligan 10-11-2005 08:56 PM

are you considering folding here? Raising? Isn't a call fairly obvious?

stuartharris 10-11-2005 08:58 PM

Unfortunately, the bet and 3-bet on the flop against many opponents, followed by the check on the turn heads up is very consistent with a flush draw. If he had a big pair or a set, he'd be value betting the turn and certainly not calling behind you. Call the river raise, but expect to see the Ace or King (but less than 93% of the time).

lautzutao 10-11-2005 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice juicy table. Villain plays pretty well... very well in fact.

Hero is Button with QT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain is UTG

Preflop:
UTG limps, half the table limps, Hero limps, blinds complete/check

Flop (7SB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, all 3 of the middle players call, I raise, UTG 3-bets, unfortunately all 3 of the middle players fold, I call

Turn (8BB): 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls

River (10BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero????

Your move.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that you both have a flush draw, and you both folded out the competitors[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'd just call here. Most people limping from EP(if they're "good") with a FD are limping with Axs.

tor 10-11-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you considering folding here? Raising? Isn't a call fairly obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that there's a lot of preaching on this board to bet the river for value when you hit a flush, even w/ lower cards I think this probably is worth looking at 'cause the call may not look obvious at first (at least not to me). My first inclination is to raise, but I think given the multiple conditions, tight player, utg limp, and river check-raise, a 3 bet is badbad. Just not obvious.

DoomSlice 10-12-2005 12:09 AM

RESULTS + a question

I called, he showed A5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I lose [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now the question, if you are in his spot, do you call my raise to keep as many people in the pot as possible with 2 very strong draws, or do you raise to buy about 2 more outs (assuming a paired Ax or a strong A would fold to the 3 bet)?