Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   World Hockey Junior Championships (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404429)

billymonk 12-24-2005 02:13 AM

World Hockey Junior Championships

Whose excited? Whose your team? This is always my favorite part of the Christmas holidays and it's not even close. Nothing beats waking up on Christmas morning and taking in a Canada game, or any game for that matter. It is just really good/fun hockey.

Redmen62 12-24-2005 03:59 AM

Re: World Hockey Junior Championships

As I get older and am not much of an NHL fan anymore, the World Juniors may still be my favorite sporting event to watch, kind of like a mini World Cup (soccer/football). This will be my first year watching in HD- kind of neat to see the Canadians as underdogs this year too.

The4Aces 12-24-2005 04:43 AM

Mighty Ducks.

jgunnip 12-26-2005 11:19 PM

I hate this event. Why? cause it alway stakes 4-5 players away from the UofMichigan team, leaving our squad depleted for the holiday tournament.

Anyway, look for Jack Johnson(USA) to dominate. The kid should be in the NHL right now.

mblax10 12-27-2005 12:48 AM

Blackhawks have 8 propspects playing in the tournament, I'd think that's more than any other NHL club and a good sign for the future.

Does anybody know if any games will make it to American TV?

billymonk 12-27-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate this event. Why? cause it alway stakes 4-5 players away from the UofMichigan team, leaving our squad depleted for the holiday tournament.

Anyway, look for Jack Johnson(USA) to dominate. The kid should be in the NHL right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have that other young Stud as well, don't recall his name. The one who is supposed to go first in the draft. And I have heard Jack Johnson's name thrown around as well. I was looking forward to watching the USA game but it wasn't on tv. Oh well.

mblax10 12-27-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have that other young Stud as well, don't recall his name. The one who is supposed to go first in the draft. And I have heard Jack Johnson's name thrown around as well. I was looking forward to watching the USA game but it wasn't on tv. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Kessel is the best player in the tournament and will probably be the #1 pick. Last year's he scored 4 goals for Team USA as the only 17 year old high schooler on the team.

He's had a good first half of the season as a true Freshman at the University of Minnesota. Last night he assisted Chris Bourque 5 times in the 11-2 route of Finland.

Wes ManTooth 12-28-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blackhawks have 8 propspects playing in the tournament, I'd think that's more than any other NHL club and a good sign for the future.

Does anybody know if any games will make it to American TV?

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure, I thought it was on the Fox sports network channels last year like some random college hockey games.

DocMartin 12-29-2005 07:00 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the world juniors! Was great seeing all the games live last year in ND. The Fighting Sioux are severely depleted with our players on the US(3) and Canada(1) squads.

Toews will go wicked high in the draft this year.

Go Canada.