Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A hand in which Dids multitasks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394615)

B Dids 12-09-2005 01:01 AM

A hand in which Dids multitasks

Party 3/6

2nd hand at the table. I should be paying more attention, but GoT, Weevil, stinkypete and I have IRC trivia to win.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB. All I know is that the button and the big blind both have less than 80 bucks in front of them at a 3/6 table, I guess they're donks.

UTG folds, CO calls, button calls, I call in the SB.

The Trivia question is: Question: Performing since the early 60's and having a string of hit albums he put his solo career on hold and joined "Damn Yankees" in 1990?

The BB raises,

I guess: Ted Nugent, I'm right, Go red team.

Everybody calls, I call.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, CO folds, button calls, I raise, they both call.

The Turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

The Triva Question is: Name the largest web-footed bird.?

I bet, BB folds, button calls.

Weevil guesses: The albatross, GO TEAM RED!!

The River is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I decide that vs. an unknown, with a donk stack in this game, I should value bet/fold this river.

Results in white:
<font color="white">Team Red won 10-9 because Pete knows that Dilbert gets his ideas in the bathtub </font>

jba 12-09-2005 01:06 AM

Re: A hand in which Dids multitasks

i like it.

waffle 12-09-2005 01:18 AM

i fold the flop after a bet and a call. the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is nice to have but lots of limping hands have Js in em. i'd checkraise after just a bet, tho.

DCWildcat 12-09-2005 02:20 AM

I like the river bet. Is it standard to complete and be OOP with a weakish ace after 2 limpers?

B Dids 12-09-2005 02:39 PM

I wouldn't consider A8o at all "weakish" in a 6 max game vs two limpers. I can't imagine not completing here.

SomethingClever 12-09-2005 02:46 PM

Hey Dids. I kind of like betting the flop here.

Flush draws are calling no matter what, but if BB raises you can give bad odds to a 9.

Turn: Obvious.

River: I like betting. I have a hard time folding though. I think a bet must be correct... folding or calling a raise is up for debate IMO.

Wynton 12-09-2005 02:47 PM

OMG. Ted Nugent?!

Vnh.

DCWildcat 12-09-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't consider A8o at all "weakish" in a 6 max game vs two limpers. I can't imagine not completing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is answered. Thankee.

KDawgCometh 12-09-2005 03:46 PM

its always +ev when pete is on your trivia team, he pwned eurotrash and I once, okay, onto the hand

actually considering teh texture of this board, I think that you can check/call this. But, bet/fold works too as there are a fair amount of draws that have come in, but because his stack is short, I really don't want to be moved off what is likely the best hand due to him to some crazy donk bluff cause he is trying to rack off

KDawgCometh 12-09-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

especially two late limpers. If this is sooooted, you're raisin right?(actually, if we had a better read on this I'd raise it up anyway)