Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   closing my office due to weather ---HAHA (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393586)

bwana devil 12-07-2005 05:34 PM

closing my office due to weather ---HAHA

they just closed my office and are sending everyone home because they just announced it is 32 degrees outside. haha. bunch of austinites freak out when they see ice. everyone is running around my office yelling and grabbing their bags heading for the door. youd think the building is on fire.

btw i used to live in north dakota so unfortunately i do know bone chilling code.

bwana

12-07-2005 05:37 PM

Re: closing my office due to weather ---HAHA

WTF?!?! We got farking 2 1/2 feet of snow on a sunday last year and we were open the next day. Farking a$$holes....

**grumbles about weak southerners**

DukeSucks 12-07-2005 05:40 PM

Don't forget to stop at the grocery store on the way home to stock up on bread and milk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MonkeeMan 12-07-2005 05:40 PM

the real yucks begin when they hit the roads if there's any ice/snow. looney tunes.

12-07-2005 05:41 PM

they closed UT down at 2 pm, i hear.

these folks up here in dallas cant drive in icy weather. they scare me.

astroglide 12-07-2005 05:43 PM

it's 14 in st louis...

12-07-2005 05:44 PM

ABQ will shut down for one or two inches of snow. We haven't had good snow in eight or nine years, so I think the schools are eager to use their snow days any chance they get. Gotta love it.

ScottieK

bwana devil 12-07-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the real yucks begin when they hit the roads if there's any ice/snow. looney tunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I-35, the major interstate, turns into a complete gridlock. everyone is afraid to get their car over 5 mph or they think it will explode.

ooops my manager just came by for a second time and told me to go. they mean business. by for now OOT.

bwana

TomCollins 12-07-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they just closed my office and are sending everyone home because they just announced it is 32 degrees outside. haha. bunch of austinites freak out when they see ice. everyone is running around my office yelling and grabbing their bags heading for the door. youd think the building is on fire.

btw i used to live in north dakota so unfortunately i do know bone chilling code.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the people here left early to avoid the "storm". Storm being barely freezing rain and sleet.

bwana devil 12-07-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ABQ will shut down for one or two inches of snow. We haven't had good snow in eight or nine years, so I think the schools are eager to use their snow days any chance they get. Gotta love it.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Albuquerque, really? i grew up in amarillo and we got TONS of snow. hmm. didnt think there'd be that much of a difference. guess i need to consult a map.

bwana