Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   easy topic:how to pump a draw (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387294)

Guruman 11-29-2005 12:24 AM

easy topic:how to pump a draw

this was fun, but it should be standard.

party poker 2/4 vs Jim Henson's Muppets

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (22 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

perfect?
or misplayed on every street?

Boolean 11-29-2005 12:36 AM

Re: easy topic:how to pump a draw

Just curious, but why check/raise the turn? You hit your draw, why not bet after your cap?

slipoker 11-29-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, but why check/raise the turn? You hit your draw, why not bet after your cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my only question, but other then that the hand seems perfect.

11-29-2005 12:46 AM

That turn card was awesome and since you capped the flop to them it doesn't look dangerous. Why would you c/r when a late position bet forces people to call 2 cold back to them? I go for a bet/3bet and rake in everything I can.

yourface 11-29-2005 12:51 AM

PF raise?

Anyone else think about raising PF against that many limpers?

hornsandspurs 11-29-2005 01:03 AM

Re: PF raise?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think about raising PF against that many limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not OOP.

Guruman 11-29-2005 01:12 AM

my two hardest decisions were whether to cap the flop and face UTG + 1 with calling three cold, and whether to bet/raise or check/raise the turn.

I went ahead and capped the flop since I'm still ok if I just get two callers (though I lucked out and got three)

I took a risk and checkraised the turn because I was less confident that I would get raised after capping the flop, and because the pot was large enough for people to call two with crazy hands.

hizo1 11-29-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my two hardest decisions were whether to cap the flop and face UTG + 1 with calling three cold, and whether to bet/raise or check/raise the turn.

I went ahead and capped the flop since I'm still ok if I just get two callers (though I lucked out and got three)

I took a risk and checkraised the turn because I was less confident that I would get raised after capping the flop, and because the pot was large enough for people to call two with crazy hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice hand.
Capping the flop is a must I think because you have huge equity edge with that mnay outs. IN a big pot like this players will call more liberally.

I think you should bet out on the turn. you have the nuts at the moment and you don't want to miss any bets.

nice hand otherwise.

11-29-2005 04:42 AM

Bet the turn.

You've got at least two other people in love with their hands.

Having that turn check through would kill cute kittens.

11-29-2005 04:49 AM

you have to lead the turn here, your relative position is awesome, in fact it would probably have gone to 3 or 4 bets each if your checkraise hadnt scared people

preflop, flop and river all fine