Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best way to get into the big tournies on Stars? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312414)

illini43 08-10-2005 08:29 PM

Best way to get into the big tournies on Stars?

I have been interested in playing in the big Sunday tournaments on PokerStars for a while now.

I am wondering as to which is the easiest way to get into the big tournament.

My bankroll isn't as large as most 2+2er's but I feel like my level of play outweighs my current bankroll. I won my original money on Stars through a private freeroll with a cash pool, so I started at $30, now I am around $270.

Should I even attempt to get into the big tournament with my smaller sized bankroll? Is it worth it?
Should I stick to .25/.50 limit hold'em, the $1-$5.50 MTTs, and the $5.50-$6.50 SNGs until my bankroll is bigger?

Any help is appreciated.

nsj 08-10-2005 08:37 PM

Re: Best way to get into the big tournies on Stars?

Keep building your bankroll, play lots of satellites, take a few shots.

The $3+rebuys, the $13+1 two-table SNGs, and the $36+3, are all incredibly soft, and you can unregister and use the tourney dollars for SNG and MTTs. When you have a good week and win several seats, take a shot here and there, either in the $215 or in some $50-100 buy-ins.

Your play will improve, and you won't be jeopardizing your bankroll.

Bigwig 08-10-2005 09:12 PM

I like the $36+3 satellite (no rebuys) that's held several times throughout the week.

Bigwig 08-10-2005 09:14 PM

Hey, one of those $36+3s are starting at 9:45 EST. I'm in. Don't bust me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

illini43 08-11-2005 02:11 AM

$39 is a pretty substantial chunk of my bankroll and I'm not at the comfort level to risk that much on a satellite yet. Are the $3R and the $14 2 table SNGs the way to go? Or should I not try and enter the Sunday tournies yet?

08-11-2005 03:35 AM

u don't have to play satellites to win a seat to the sunday's tourney. Just play with real money and buy the seat. =) same deal. It's not like you are getting a discount in your rake. no reason to play satellites.
plus if you are used to playing regular tourney they super-satellite structure might be hard for you to adjust to.
and...
I would probably suggest unregistering from the $215 tourney even if you win a seat. you could try $55 ones or $109 ones. Why risk the bankroll?

TheTimeIsUp 08-11-2005 03:39 AM

I think the only choice is to get staked.

illini43 08-11-2005 01:31 PM

What is the advantage of winning a seat then unregistering? Is it easier to make money playing satellites and then unregistering for t dollars or whatever they are or entering tournaments that have the same buy-in as a satellite and winning money there?

Pat Southern 08-11-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$39 is a pretty substantial chunk of my bankroll and I'm not at the comfort level to risk that much on a satellite yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you want to play in a $215 tournament? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Build up your bankroll so you can comfortably play in these, the tournaments will still be there when you're ready.

illini43 08-11-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you want to play in a $215 tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I first have a goal of playing in the $50 MTTs??