Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   An APPEAL TO ALL EUROBET PLAYERS (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349445)

PokerPaul 10-03-2005 11:23 AM

An APPEAL TO ALL EUROBET PLAYERS

I am really getting fed up with the constant redirection of web pages when you exit their program or go to cashier. Its useless, and just a hassle for players. I have written them a letter asking them to change this. Unfortuantely, just 1 person alone might not be enough for them to bother, but if many of their top poker clients ask for this, i can't see them not trying to address this.

Anyways, here is what i wrote...if you want to minimize work just cut ans paste some of it and send it.

"I am a frequent player at your poker site, and i am wondering if there is any way to change the way you always open a web page or redirect an exiting one whenever you exit the program or go to cashier.

We see the same useless website everytime, and often i lose something i was working on previously in web window. Not to mention the fact that upon exiting it always resizes my web window so that i have to manually adjust it everytime whenever i start up again.

It is really getting very cumbersome, and it provides virtually no value to see the same page for hundreds of time only to close it down.

Sometimes i have several web windows up, 2 of them just browsing, and 1 of them i am working on something, but when you exit eurobet or go to cashier, it seems to select at random which one it will change, often it ends up being the one i was working on.

At first i didnt think much of it, but now that i play often it has become a major pain and deterrent.

Thank you."

stoxtrader 10-03-2005 11:42 AM

Re: An APPEAL TO ALL EUROBET PLAYERS

I find the eurobet website very powerful and well designed, once you get used to it. I love the fact that they do not use the party/IGM cashier, and think the customer support there is very good if you use the internal mail system.

Freudian 10-03-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find the eurobet website very powerful and well designed, once you get used to it. I love the fact that they do not use the party/IGM cashier, and think the customer support there is very good if you use the internal mail system.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind their system. I do mind them insisting that my browser should visit www.cepoker.com, (in a resized window) instead of the site I am currently watching, whenever I decide to close the Coral Eurobet poker application.

It is a feature that has zero value to the player and has a pretty high annoyance factor.

Phlebas 10-03-2005 11:51 AM

In Internet Explorer select Tools | Internet Options and then the Advanced tab. Find the entry 'Reuse windows for launching shortcuts' in the 'Browsing' section and untick it. From now on, Eurobet will launch a fresh window rather then use one of your existing ones.

Freudian 10-03-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In Internet Explorer select Tools | Internet Options and then the Advanced tab. Find the entry 'Reuse windows for launching shortcuts' in the 'Browsing' section and untick it. From now on, Eurobet will launch a fresh window rather then use one of your existing ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to visit www.cepoker.com. Not in a new window or in my current one. I could just press the back button in my current one to get back where I was.

The point is that they have designed a function that is only annoying and not a bit useful. They should undesign it.

Phlebas 10-03-2005 12:02 PM

Yeah, I realise that - the workaround was really for the OP who was losing work through his current window being reused.

[ QUOTE ]
The point is that they have designed a function that is only annoying and not a bit useful. They should undesign it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Unfortunately, I suspect you've more chance of flopping a royal...

PokerPaul 10-03-2005 12:09 PM

I do appreciate the workaround, that should mitigate some of the issues ive ben having.

And i agree that they should "un-design it" regardless of workaround.

And while they're at it maybe they can fix the bug which relaunches whole program after u shut it down every 4th or 5th time. cuz then it again will restart another webpage when u try to re-shut it down.

fottnote BTW.....this isnt a knock on their customer service or interface....those are great

KingMedicine 10-03-2005 04:27 PM

i just tried to email eurobet (customer-services@eurobet.com) and got it returned undeliverable.

i f-in hate that site more than anything in this world.

10-03-2005 05:19 PM

Maxthon

Uglyowl 10-03-2005 07:50 PM

Keep the e-mails going to Eurobet, that function sucks.