Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Miers Withdraws Nomination (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366511)

DVaut1 10-27-2005 09:01 AM

Miers Withdraws Nomination

Miers Withdraws

Where does President Bush go from here? Should be interesting. I'm thinking a very conservative will be the replacement nominee to re-energize the base. We'll see.

10-27-2005 09:15 AM

Re: Miers Withdraws Nomination

Janice Rogers Brown!

vulturesrow 10-27-2005 09:16 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Janice Rogers Brown!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pulling for Luttig myself.

vulturesrow 10-27-2005 09:19 AM

Miers Withdraws

Where does President Bush go from here? Should be interesting. I'm thinking a very conservative will be the replacement nominee to re-energize the base. We'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasons for withdrawal are incredible weak sauce. Im glad she is withdrawing but man this administration is looking more and more like a trainwreck every day. They will salvage a bit of credibility with me if they pick a SCOTUS nominee that is more in the mold of what Bush actually promised.

whiskeytown 10-27-2005 09:28 AM

I love the spin - it's cause Senators wanted access to executive privilege material - hilarious.

How about they wanted to know WHERE she STOOD - on ANYTHING - that's a terrible [censored] requirement for a SCOTUS - jesus - LOL.

RB

vulturesrow 10-27-2005 09:33 AM

I love the spin - it's cause Senators wanted access to executive privilege material - hilarious.

How about they wanted to know WHERE she STOOD - on ANYTHING - that's a terrible [censored] requirement for a SCOTUS - jesus - LOL.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I agree that is weak and horrible spin, I will also say that the Senators have no right to ask for documents which would compromise client privilege. And Im sure if someone wanted to access your dealings with your personal lawyer, youd be squawking as as loudly as you could. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

renodoc 10-27-2005 09:50 AM

called it.

whiskeytown 10-27-2005 09:56 AM

but to submit a candidate with no documentation whatsoever in the hopes of getting her thru without scrutiny and then say it's the Senator's fault is bullshit - Bush should have thought of that beforehand.

in every respect that mattered, a poor candidate choice and I suspect if this administration had it's way it would have blindly shot itself in the foot as it did with Iraq and everything else, insisting it's not in trouble when it's foot is in the meat grinder -

as it stands, if Miers DID withdraw and wasn't asked to by GWB, she probably deserves some praise as the savior of the Republican Party, cause this administration can never admit when it's been stupid and would have let this divide the party had it continued.

That sort of one-minded ignorance is typical of those who come to work with a religious background. They believe their convictions are backed up by God and that sorta stifiles any dissent, esp. when the religious person is the CIC.

RB

natedogg 10-27-2005 10:19 AM

Thank goodness. I have some hope again. It's very small and faint, but it's there.

natedogg

El Barto 10-27-2005 10:20 AM

Harriet who?

btw, when is Bush ever going to fill that O'Connor vacancy?