Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   MTH v2.006 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366309)

OrcaDK 10-26-2005 11:31 PM

MTH v2.006

MTH v2.006 has been released.

# 2.006
# Added functionality so that the MTH window will remember it's size and position when restarted, it will not remember the minimized / maximized state (by design)
# Added new donation option, Paypal
# Added new key command, "Auto push"
# Added "time since last action" info to table list
# Changed the preferences key command setting window
# Fixed a bug when changing the border color, it now properly changes the border color for already opened tables
# Fixed a bug where tables would not correctly save their last location
# Fixed bug where the border had an incorrect size when user was using custom windows font size

You can get the latest MTH version from www.multitablehelper.com

--

Please remember that MTH is still in it's beta versions, so even though the bug count has been drastically reduced thanks to your help, there could still be bugs.

- Orca

SamIAm 10-26-2005 11:50 PM

Re: MTH v2.006

I used that new-fangled PayPal option. That's a good new feature. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again.
-Sam

OrcaDK 10-26-2005 11:54 PM

Thank you sir [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

waffle 10-27-2005 02:15 AM

Hi, where can I find a quick blurb/description of this program's purpose?

SamIAm 10-27-2005 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, where can I find a quick blurb/description of this program's purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]MultiTable Helper impliments a queue of tables, bringing the active table to a specific location on your screen. It also implements keyboard commands, so you can use (f1,f2,f3) for (fold,call,raise). MTH currenly only supports Party and skins.

MTH is crucial for small screens, but I still like it with lots of space. Besides real-estate management, it's worth it for the keycommands. I also like having the window I care about moved to the front. It takes some getting used to; it makes it harder to follow hands you're in if they keep getting whisked away. The thing is, if you're massively multi-tabling, you're not tracking the hand between actions anyway.

MTH is currenly free, but you should donate. Don't 8-table without it.
-Sam

10-27-2005 03:33 AM

I can't find a problem.

tigerite 10-27-2005 06:31 AM

Don't tell him that, he's only happy fixing things [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OrcaDK 10-27-2005 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't find a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean i can go to sleep now? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BigBrother 10-27-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't find a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, and thanks Orca!

TrueBritt 10-27-2005 01:41 PM

Thanks for the app, Orca.

I'm still having some problems with it:

Sometimes the highlighted active table will be hidden behind another table that wants my attention. (I have the "force active table to topmost" button checked). Then, when I press a button, I don't know which table it is going to act on.

It often makes an error sound when I press a button, even though it will correctly fold, call, or raise.

My gamepad usually doesn't work with it (it works without it).

Thanks. The app's got great potential.

10-28-2005 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't find a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 5 hr., then make it work at Stars, flawlessly. And I want a latte function (no weak-ass Starbucks foam, good foam). Then more sleep for you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PrincipalSkinner 10-28-2005 07:09 PM

Unfortunately, for me the new version acts just like the one before it--after action, the table does not go back to where it was before the action, but instead goes to the other screen. I have auto-arrange off.

OrcaDK 10-28-2005 07:13 PM

Can you send me a log file of a sessionw here that is happening? Thanks.

PrincipalSkinner 10-28-2005 07:29 PM

I have proven myself incapable of doing this withour DETAILED STEP-BY-STEP instructions, which would be too much trouble for you to bother with at this time. I'm sure I won't be the only one with this problem--perhaps a more computer-savvy person who experiences the problem can do this.

OrcaDK 10-28-2005 07:32 PM

Just play with MTH like you always do. Then when you're done (or after the error has occurred just once), close MTH. Now look in the folder where MTH lies, and look for a file called LOG.txt.

Now either attach this file to an email. Or more simple, open the file, select all the text, copy it, paste it into a mail, and then send the mail to me. My email address is in the About dialog.

OrcaDK 10-28-2005 07:37 PM

Ok, i might have a feeling what is going wrong. Are you placing the tables so that they are placed partly outside the monitor? MTH checks for if tables are being positioned outside the monitor area, and if they are, they're reset to the top left corner of monitor one. This was an emergency fix for when people reported MTH placing tables somewhere totally outside the monitor.

Since people haven't been experiencing this in the latest versions, i might just remove that check, in case this proves to be the issue.

PrincipalSkinner 10-28-2005 08:11 PM

Yes, it is exactly as you describe. I place the "inactive" tables with only the top inch showing on the left bottom of monitor 2. When they go active, they bounce up to the upper right quadrant of monitor2 as desired. Then, when replaced, they go to the top left quadrant of monitor1.

OrcaDK 10-28-2005 08:12 PM

This will be fixed in the next release.

OrcaDK 10-29-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't find a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 5 hr., then make it work at Stars, flawlessly. And I want a latte function (no weak-ass Starbucks foam, good foam). Then more sleep for you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been fixed in the newest version. I hope to be able to release it this night.

10-29-2005 12:02 PM

easy request for next release

I 8 table with two 1600x1200 monitors, but I dont like when the tables move, so i activated "flash table" option and just chase the red boxes around the screen. I would help if the red flashing box was a bit thicker so it would be easier to spot in my set up.

Thanks

PrincipalSkinner 10-29-2005 03:10 PM

The frosting on the cake would be:

When you release a new version and start a new thread to tell about it . . .

please put a post at the end of the previous thread to alert us to go to the "software forum" to find the new thread.

I make each of your threads a "favorite thread" and am emailed the posts; but have no reason to routinely visit the software forum. A "heads up" would be very helpful. Thank you.

OrcaDK 10-29-2005 11:57 PM

2.007 has been released, please look here.

aLOWdAkING 12-02-2005 09:46 PM

Great program, but I have some questions. How do most players set up their windows so that they can run as effectively as possible? All in one region, or a lot spread out, or stacked, etc. Also, it seems one problem I had is that a table will pop up with action, but before I can make a decision on that table ANOTHER table pops up. So I made a decision on that table, but the MTH won't take me back to the first table where that decision hasn't still been made yet. Does anybody else have this problem, or is it just me?

Can't wait to test out voice.

Thanks!

SamIAm 12-02-2005 11:01 PM

Re: MTH v2.006 (is not the right thread for this)

I use as many areas as my screen has space. That way I have room to queue actions on non-primary tables ("fold in turn")if I have time.

I don't know what you mean with your problem. I understood the point of MTH to be a queue of actions. If a tableB needs my attention while I'm acting in tableA, it has to get in line; it can't jump in front.

In other news, please don't respond to month-old threads when you have a random question. We're happy to help, but it's pretty clear that "MTH 2.006" isn't the right place for this when the top thread in the forum is titled "MTH 2.008".

Welcome to the forum.
-Sam