Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Whats the ruling here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=180329)

RRRRICK 01-20-2005 12:55 AM

Whats the ruling here?

Playing in a home cash game and the end of the night we all cahed out and 6 players agreed to playing a NL Holdem Tourney to finish of the night. Anyway a short stacked player goes all in pre flop and two players call. Unwitting the all in player turns over his cards not considering that the two callers can still play a side pot(irrespective on whether or not this would actually happen). No one really knew what the correct course of action should be here. Some suggested that the hand was dead and others suggested that once he had exposed his hand that the callers shouls also expose and play the hand out. After about five minutes of discusson we decided to return each players chips and move on. This probably worked out well for the all in player as he held KQo against 88 and AKs.

smoore 01-20-2005 03:43 AM

Re: Whats the ruling here?

I say you play on, both players just now know what the allin guy has. I'm sure AK was really happy to get his money back.

edit: and there should be a side pot in the ensuing action, no expose all go to showdown antics.

psuasskicker 01-20-2005 08:15 AM

Why kill the hand or return the chips? It's the all in guy's cards that are exposed, right? That's what I understand at least, correct me if I'm wrong.

Since the player who's cards are exposed has no ability to play any further, I don't think it damages the hand enough to halt further play. Both players still able to play have the same information with the cards exposed, so no one has any unfair advantage. I'd have let the hand play out.

- Chris

guller 01-20-2005 08:42 AM

Yep, play it out.

Slow Play Ray 01-20-2005 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, play it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.

Fins 01-20-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, play it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutelylutely.

- Fins

warewulf 01-20-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, play it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutelylutely.

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

Return the chips? Hell no!

jtr 01-20-2005 02:20 PM

Can't give the chips back. Completely unfair to punish the other two guys for short-stack's mistake.

I would be tempted to declare short-stack's hand dead and let the other two fight over his money.

obeythekitten 01-20-2005 03:13 PM

call the hand of the player that exposed dead, and let the hand continue.

The Armchair 01-20-2005 04:00 PM

I don't see the value of declaring the exposed hand dead (other than to punish the player). It serves no advantage to the other two players -- they still have the same information they would have had if the exposed hand were live.

In a home game, this seems to be simply vindictive.