Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who do you pick in the 2nd Round Pick FFB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317988)

Crveballin 08-18-2005 04:18 PM

Who do you pick in the 2nd Round Pick FFB

Need help deciding my second round pick in a keeper league. Standard league 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF

I kept Jamal Lewis and have the 1st pick in the 2nd round.

Sluss 08-18-2005 04:27 PM

Re: Who do you pick in the 2nd Round Pick FFB

I'd be trying to stack my running backs right now and I think Davis is the best choice for that. It has been said a million times there are pretty good wideouts to be had later on. Not that many running backs though.

The Armchair 08-18-2005 04:29 PM

DD is going to do very well in this poll.

Crveballin 08-18-2005 04:36 PM

I am leaning more towards Double D but some how I find it appealing that Portis and Green (2 top 5 RB's in last years draft) are still available. My plan going into the draft (which can change at any point) is to go for 2 RB's in the first 2 rounds, 2 WR's 3rd and 4th round, and a QB in the 5th or 6th.

JayLear 08-18-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am leaning more towards Double D but some how I find it appealing that Portis and Green (2 top 5 RB's in last years draft) are still available. My plan going into the draft (which can change at any point) is to go for 2 RB's in the first 2 rounds, 2 WR's 3rd and 4th round, and a QB in the 5th or 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Davis as well -- he'd be my second choice. I remember early last year he struggled though, so beware. Julius Jones is my pick here -- he was an absolute stud once he got healthy last year. Parcells likes to go with one back, and I think he's going to work Jones early and often.

brettbrettr 08-18-2005 04:43 PM

Yes, I'm the guy who voted TO. In other news, I like DD, I guess. I'm just not sure about taking him over Portis though.

JayLear 08-18-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm the guy who voted TO. In other news, I like DD, I guess. I'm just not sure about taking him over Portis though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Portis scared a lot of people off last year -- The Skins O is ugly.

brettbrettr 08-18-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I think they'll improve, as they did at the end of the year. That line has a ton of potetntial--if they stay healthy. BUt, yes, the WRs are a question. That Coles for Moss trade was awful dumb for the Skins and awfully [censored] great for me.

Sluss 08-18-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Julius Jones is my pick here -- he was an absolute stud once he got healthy last year. Parcells likes to go with one back, and I think he's going to work Jones early and often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jones had problems staying healthy in college. I can't imagine him staying healthy through an entire NFL campaign. When he is healthy he is a stud. If Julius Jones is on any of my teams this year he will be one of three very good running backs.

JayLear 08-18-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I think they'll improve, as they did at the end of the year. That line has a ton of potetntial--if they stay healthy. BUt, yes, the WRs are a question. That Coles for Moss trade was awful dumb for the Skins and awfully [censored] great for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more on the Coles/Moss deal. That was a head-scratcher. Portis still had serviceable numbers last year, but most took him top-4, where you're looking for more than serviceable. This year he'll be taken last 1st/early second in most cases, which is probably more appropriate for what you can expect for his projected performance.