Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Misplayed every street? what do you do? tough spot with KQ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355323)

veganmav 10-11-2005 01:32 PM

Misplayed every street? what do you do? tough spot with KQ

Just sat at 1 hand ago.
Poker ace HUD tells me UTG is 39/0.7/6 poster is unkown, and button is 44/1.2/9

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Seriously, I'm lost.

Boris 10-11-2005 01:39 PM

Re: Misplayed every street? what do you do? tough spot with KQ

Is this a serious question?

10-11-2005 01:44 PM

Looks fine to me.

I like the raise preflop, since you have the possibility of getting rid of both the poster and the BB.

On the flop with two overcards and a backdoor straight and flush I think betting out is fine. When you get raised I think calling to take one off is fine. UTG suddenly springing to life is unusual, and it doesn't happen very often. Taking one off became expensive but *shrug* what you gonna do?

DcifrThs 10-11-2005 01:46 PM

this hand is a textbook example of how preflop mistakes compound themslves extremely rapidly.

Barron

veganmav 10-11-2005 01:49 PM

Why wouldn't it be a serious question? yeah i'm serious, I wanna know if you call this last turn 3bet?

DcifrThs 10-11-2005 01:52 PM

why would you be less inclined to call the 3rd than the 2nd?

Barron

Dominic 10-11-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is a textbook example of how preflop mistakes compound themslves extremely rapidly.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain...what preflop mistake? Should he not have raised?

TimM 10-11-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine to me.

I like the raise preflop, since you have the possibility of getting rid of both the poster and the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the PF raise at all, and the flop bet is a bit questionable too.

DcifrThs 10-11-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain...what preflop mistake? Should he not have raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP w/ offsuit paint is not worth the building of a pot with a hand that features a large amount of reverse implied odds. even if 1 or 2 hands fold you're still OOP and putting in an EXTRA 1.25bb (pf raise+flop continuation bet) when you'll be the one paying off if you hit vs. completing and evaluating on the flop.

this is an instanc eof pot control where if it is +ev to raise, its very very slightly +ev.

if it isn't +ev, its likely quite costly.

Barron

Boris 10-11-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't it be a serious question?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played the hand poorly. So poorly in fact that I thought maybe you were trolling. Sorry.

Anyways, Preflop you should call. You have a mediocre hand for the situation considering your position and the number of players in the pot.

Postflop, you totally whiffed yet decided to bluff into multiple players. You are better off checking and hoping for a free card or maybe taking one off for a small bet.

Given the situation you found yourself in, you must call the 3 bet. You're really hoping to pick up a straight draw. At least then you could make a nut hand on a miracle runner-runner draw. But you're stuck in the hand if you catch a pair or a flush draw also.