Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Never felt so passive with AA on all streets, 200nl (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386560)

xcrack999 11-28-2005 02:37 AM

Re: Never felt so passive with AA on all streets, 200nl

Will villain really try for a check-raise bluff here on a JJQK board against the preflop reraiser? I think it's very very unlikely unless you have a long history against him. I like a value bet of about $90 here. He's not going to raise you and put you in a tough position with a hand he wants to show down such as AQ, KQ or AK, and if he wanted to bluff, he would had been the one leading the river.

Allinlife 11-28-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This razor thin value bet mentality is dangerous when you get into games with players capable of figuring out what you are doing and then pounding you with a big raise.

Alternatively they can check raise you for value on the river abusively.

[/ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed)

11-28-2005 02:45 AM

I would push all in, make it look like you have AK and are trying to steal the pot - get his AQ or KQ to call you and "pick you off". Clearly without a long history against you he wont check the river holding a jack or a boat.

scdavis0 11-28-2005 02:45 AM

was referring to stu unger

clever though

RiverFenix 11-28-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would push all in, make it look like you have AK and are trying to steal the pot - get his AQ or KQ to call you and "pick you off". Clearly without a long history against you he wont check the river holding a jack or a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why exactly is he calling to 'pick me off'? My range is pretty small if im going to reraise him pf . I love to overbet/push, but i dont see any of the hands you said calling a push here.

I saw the river as pretty simple in this hand, I dont see him calling with any hand i beat regardless of bet size. I was hoping this hand would generate some discussion on the turn call as well.

neuroman 11-28-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it.

scdavis0 11-28-2005 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke

trumpman84 11-28-2005 03:32 AM

Unless you have a great read on him, he's not checking the river with a hand you cannot beat. Your chances of having the best hand are huge, and I really think AK, AQ and especially KQ will call a half pot bet. I don't think you have to worry about being bluff raised here. You re-raised him preflop and the board is all over a pre-flop re-raisers range..he has to think it's possible you have a boat...but that doesn't mean he won't call a small value bet.

ajmargarine 11-28-2005 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would a jack or a full house value bet the turn then go for a check raise against someone who has not shown any aggression in this hand? AK could've been taking a shot after you showed weakness on the flop or AQ could've missed a check raise or maybe a caution KQ...I think all those hands are likely and could call a small river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see AJ/JT playing it this way if he made it to the flop. Villian has to be concerned that Hero has QQ/KK which are certainly within his hand range. Even if he has QJ and was trapping on the flop, he vb's the turn and now that K gives him pause. I'm not sure what calls a nice sized river vb from Hero that he beats. I agree with the folks who say it's kinda thin. You're probably ahead, but I want to see the showdown.

RiverFenix 11-28-2005 03:08 PM

As for results, villian had AK of diamonds and MHIG