Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Looks like Borgata has gone back to rebuys (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374174)

betgo 11-08-2005 08:48 AM

Looks like Borgata has gone back to rebuys

For a while, they went to all freezeouts. According to their website, Monday thorugh Thursday, they are running 40+10 rebuys in the morning and 60+15 rebuys in the evening.

ansky451 11-08-2005 08:50 AM

Re: Looks like Borgata has gone back to rebuys

What do you do for a living?

betgo 11-08-2005 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]
Play poker.

ansky451 11-08-2005 09:02 AM

lol, cool.

I was just wondering, since you have said before you only play mtts.

betgo 11-08-2005 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, cool.

I was just wondering, since you have said before you only play mtts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mostly MTTs online. Mostly NLHE, but someone posted before I made final 2 tables in 7 different games on Stars.

I play a lot of supersatellites, single table satellites, multitables SNGs, and some SNGs.

I have an overall loss on daily live MTTs. I haven't played that many and it may be variance. However, I think it may be related to the fast structure and comparatively tight play.

I plan on concentrating on live limit and no limit cash games, which I can beat fairly easily, and live WTA single table satellites and SNGs. I think I will only play in more serious live tournaments with reasonably slow structures.

Doylestown 11-08-2005 11:11 AM

I noticed the same thing when I was looking at their site yesterday. I think the fields will be larger for the rebuys than they were for the freezeouts. Betgo have you played any of the STT's at Borgata? I have a hard time swallowing the rake and time element of them vs. what we're used to online.

betgo 11-08-2005 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed the same thing when I was looking at their site yesterday. I think the fields will be larger for the rebuys than they were for the freezeouts. Betgo have you played any of the STT's at Borgata? I have a hard time swallowing the rake and time element of them vs. what we're used to online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played in some at the Taj and done pretty well. The level pf play is awful and I like the WTA format better than online.

I think it is hard to make much with the low stakes and high rake. They are sort of like 3/6 limit holdem with really high variance.

When they have major tournaments, there are generally $150, $200, $500, and $1000 WTA satellites.If you are serious about it, those are probably better as far as stake and rake. Of course you could run through some $s if you don't hit.