Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What's the dumbest bet you've ever made? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403052)

SmileyEH 12-21-2005 09:02 PM

Re: What\'s the dumbest bet you\'ve ever made?

Macdaddy and I were drunk one night. We bet $100 on flipping a quarter (we used to flip a quarter for basically every meal we ate too). I won, but in my excitement I jumped and punched upwards into a hard wooden ceiling. I think my nuckle was either fractured or very badly bruised, hurt like a bitch for 3 months.

-SmileyEH

mason55 12-21-2005 09:05 PM

Are we talking stupidest bet you've ever made or most inane thing you've ever bet on?

12-21-2005 09:08 PM

My brother and I bet every pitch when we are at Sox games. By the middle of the 5th the people sitting around us are either leaving or betting with us.

Macdaddy Warsaw 12-21-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Macdaddy and I were drunk one night. We bet $100 on flipping a quarter (we used to flip a quarter for basically every meal we ate too). I won, but in my excitement I jumped and punched upwards into a hard wooden ceiling. I think my nuckle was either fractured or very badly bruised, hurt like a bitch for 3 months.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucker.

lapoker17 12-21-2005 09:11 PM

that ryan leaf would have a better nfl career than peyton manning (with requisite stats set ahead of time, pts for postseason success etc...). i had no idea he was such a douche.

I also had $100 action points on florida in the 1999 sec championship game. meaningless late touchdowns have never hurt so much.

daryn 12-21-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

there was that rock paper scissors-fest at turning stone for $100 a throw

EMcWilliams 12-21-2005 09:42 PM

5 dollar coin flips are fun, what time is it, will a Copag card burn, who is the dorm tramp going home with tonight, and I can get a higher grade in Biology than a devoted Bio major.

shaniac 12-21-2005 09:45 PM

Pretty sure Uallgointap and Juha Helpi were flipping quarters for 1K a toss on the last night of last year's Bahamas trip.

lapoker17 12-21-2005 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure Uallgointap and Juha Helpi were flipping quarters for 1K a toss on the last night of last year's Bahamas trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a few dumbasses at commerce that seem to do this nightly.

lastchance 12-21-2005 09:50 PM

Betting on whether or not I got a higher score than my friend on Physics test. I now have to ask a girl to prom.