Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   American Hero (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=152935)

andyfox 11-23-2004 10:46 PM

American Hero

"Fans waited, some carrying signs reading 'All I want for X-mas is Artest playing,' 'We support Artest,' 'Go Ron, we support you' and even 'Ron, can I have a hug?' A radio station employee wore a T-shirt with the message 'Free Ron'."

AngryCola 11-23-2004 10:47 PM

Re: American Hero

*yawn*

Patrick del Poker Grande 11-23-2004 11:18 PM

I saw an interview with his father today and he said that he could understand what he did and why he did it. There's your problem right there.

Edge34 11-24-2004 12:01 AM

Andy,

I seriously believe you're taking your Artest hatred a little far. If you for some reason still believe in this utopian world in which nobody ever gets overheated and loses their temper, even in a public place (which may be MORE understandable), then you seriously need to comtemplate the REAL world for a while.

What he did is unacceptable, but understandable, and certainly not worth the entire season suspension he's received. If nothing else, just let it go, man, you'll be ok.

FREE ARTEST!!!!

-Edge

andyfox 11-24-2004 12:55 AM

I'm OK. I don't hate the man. I dislike what he did, and dislike even more those who defend it or even glorify it.

But I'm OK. And I'll let it go from here.

Clarkmeister 11-24-2004 01:03 AM

It's quite reasonable to condemn what he did yet still think his punishment was extreme.

Edge34 11-24-2004 01:03 AM

Just a note - I don't glorify it, but there's a certain understanding that goes into realizing that there's a good chance you'd have your breaking point too, especially if harassed so much in public. But its cool.

You've tried to make most of your points in a logical way, and whether someone agrees with you or not, most of the time at least they can have a decent discussion about it. But you had to expect some kind of "outcry" from Pacer fans who feel their player got the shaft in being gone for the season...

Go take a look at the Sandwich thread while you're on here, if you haven't yet...you'll enjoy it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-Edge

ThaSaltCracka 11-24-2004 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's quite reasonable to condemn what he did yet still think his punishment was extreme.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my sentiment as well.

The once and future king 11-24-2004 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a Brit. I saw footage of this incident on some obscure TV show at 2.30 am this morning.

When I saw the punishments/suspension, I thought "Is that all."

If an Premier league soccer player did something similar, I doubt he would ever play again in Britain.

ericd 11-24-2004 10:15 AM

I think it's a generation thing. I'm the same age as you and pretty much share your point of view. I don't think we're being too harsh here. However, times are changing and after having all those years of having everything geared for us it's strange when it's not.