Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Part of bad beat jackpot at pechanga today (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362954)

10-22-2005 04:32 AM

Part of bad beat jackpot at pechanga today

Me and my buddy roll to pechanga today. We get in there and there is no board for 2-4 but only one open seat so my buddy takes it, i turn around to put my name on the board and one of the host ladies says shes got another seat open.

Sit down and play for about 20-25 minutes.

get Ak Clubs in MP, I raise and get SB and BB to call, flop comes rainbow AAQ, check check I bet, call call, turn is another A, by this time everyone is freaking out, the table captain as he was tells everyone just to shutup and be calm, the dealer calls over the floor, the floor checks it out and then says ok continue, check check I bet, SB calls, then BB the idiot goes to show the lady who was next to him his cards as he folds, luckily the floor guy saw as it was about to happen and told him that would void the jackpot, he folds, come to find out after the excitement the guy didnt even know what the jackpot was and was just playing his hand. Now at this point I think ok well the guy has a Q and was more excited about my quads than the notion of hitting the jackpot. So River is an X, i think maybe a 2, SB checks i bet he calls and turns over his JJ, I turn over my AK and the table goes crazy.

So the total bad beat at the time for 2-4 was $3700, but we were in their double jackpot times so pot was actuall $7400.

We got kinda worried because they said they had to go review the tapes and see if the BB actually showed the lady his cards.

So after about an hour and a half of play they finally decide that its ok and they come with the money, guy who lost get 40% which was about $2900, I got 20% which was about $1400, and everyone else split 40% which worked out to be about $420 per person.

Not to shabby. So after that I got up and left, treated my family to a nice dinner, paid for most of the vacation in April, and now am going to stick about 400 into poker, maybe sit a little bigger than 2-4.

oh and if your wondering, I only made about 35 off the pot.

Anyway just thought I would share.

csuf_gambler 10-22-2005 05:24 AM

Re: Part of bad beat jackpot at pechanga today

hows the carding situation at pechanaga?

10-22-2005 12:27 PM

I love the room, very nice, open, lots of tables, lots of spreads.

Game is standard, fishing at the low levels. havent played higher than 3/6 so .... dealers are competent for the most part. anything specific you want to know?

steamboatin 10-22-2005 01:28 PM

congrats

csuf_gambler 10-22-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the room, very nice, open, lots of tables, lots of spreads.

Game is standard, fishing at the low levels. havent played higher than 3/6 so .... dealers are competent for the most part. anything specific you want to know?

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant like, how is the security there in regards to carding people. like are they lax or do they card a lot?

TobDog 10-22-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hows the carding situation at pechanaga?

[/ QUOTE ]

you should put this as your signature [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

sloshr 10-22-2005 05:01 PM

ok, let me get this straight - the qualifier is that you have to lose a hand to quads, and the quads doesn't have to hold a pocket pair?

If that's the case - we'd be handing out the bad beat jackpot where I work 10 times a day...

10-22-2005 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, let me get this straight - the qualifier is that you have to lose a hand to quads, and the quads doesn't have to hold a pocket pair?

If that's the case - we'd be handing out the bad beat jackpot where I work 10 times a day...

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine it's just aces full being cracked. Where I play it has to be aces full of 8s or better.

10-22-2005 05:21 PM

I don't get it either. How were his quads beaten? On the turn when the other guy folded he had the nuts [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

CrashPat 10-22-2005 05:29 PM

the other guy had aces full of jacks and was beaten by quad aces with a playing kicker. That would qualify where I play.