Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Deep 3/6NL: CAll all in preflop with AQs? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360959)

Kellermann 10-20-2005 06:49 PM

Re: Deep 3/6NL: CAll all in preflop with AQs?

[ QUOTE ]
Did I use the word "wrong" in my post?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not you, FatalError.

flawless_victory 10-20-2005 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are these hands remotely interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not at all interesting. It's a very simple math/logic problem.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this is totally incorrect...
FWIW/ id call pretty fast fast. gamble... cest la vie... etc.

MTBlue 10-21-2005 02:08 PM

Should have read the opening paragraph. Thanks

Mackerel 10-21-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts on folding JJ /AK/AQs here and taking the risk of letting UTG ($1500) wake up with a hand and stack villian before I can?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me, that this is the point that makes this hand interesting. Clearly, you are +EV against this guys likely range here, and if it were just you, him and a bunch of tiny stacks, then it would make much more sense to just wait for AA/KK/QQ and have him crushed for his stack. However, with another big stack out there, you might not get the chance to wait that long.

Personally, I think I just beat him into the pot, and let the chips fall where they may. He's gonna spew off that big stack pretty soon and I want it so I'm going to go after it. If he wins, then so be it. But then again, I don't always have the highest regard for money when I play anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

HoldEmKillah 10-21-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly, you are +EV against this guys likely range here

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so as I think the majority of those here do as well.

[ QUOTE ]
..if it were just you, him and a bunch of tiny stacks, then it would make much more sense to just wait for AA/KK/QQ and have him crushed for his stack. However, with another big stack out there, you might not get the chance to wait that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Don't we all fold AQ and wait him out if we're the only big stacks? There wouldn't be much sense in calling with ace high when on average every orbit he's putting 2 1/2 buyins in the middle with whateverthefk. But since UTG(who surely has lowered his calling range against villian) is drooling to stack him, I took my chance before he could.

I called.

He had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and yes, he hit a flush. Dem's the breaks.

TheWorstPlayer 10-21-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling is the correct move I believe, but I have a feeling he has something like AJ and will spike a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice second post. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Mackerel 10-21-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He had A J and yes, he hit a flush. Dem's the breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures. That's how it would probably go for me too, but I still think you made the right play. Make sure to buddy-list him, and you'll get it back soon enough.

Mack

HoldEmKillah 10-21-2005 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure to buddy-list him, and you'll get it back soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did and haven't seen him since.

thabadguy 10-21-2005 03:46 PM

"Let's gamble" and call.....
Those words are KEY.