Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Another hand from 2+2 table last night.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397168)

PokerSparky 12-12-2005 09:57 PM

Another hand from 2+2 table last night....

The table has been very aggressive but no real retarded aggression (an occassional 3 bet PF with Q7). I've been running bad and had to laydown several hands I raised PF to turn bets and raises. We're showing hands, and my folds have mostly been correct, but I probably have a weak post flop image.

UTG is Spicymoose.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Spicy raises</font>, <font color="#666666">jba and Scotty34 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">Kentock Folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Spicy caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Spicy bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Spicy bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River plan? Do I beat anything Spicy caps preflop?

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 10:02 PM

Re: Another hand from 2+2 table last night....

Hmm, I forget what I had. I could potentially have ATs in this spot though. There are too many hands that beat you though.

scotty34 12-12-2005 10:04 PM

I would have bet the flop.

12-12-2005 10:07 PM

Why don't you check-raise the flop? You have two good backdoor draws and two overcards. If he 3-bets you, you can check-fold the turn UI.

PokerSparky 12-12-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, given the table conditions I should have.

Redeye 12-12-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I forget what I had. I could potentially have ATs in this spot though. There are too many hands that beat you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really could have ATs here? You would cap a TAG 3bet from the SB with this hand? Is this something you would do at a standard table against a TAG, or is it in your range because its a 2+2 table?

FWIW, I think I might like a flop c/r since AQ and AK are definately possibilities here and you might be able to get them to fold w/ a turn bet.

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, given the table conditions I should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think check raising me on the flop is better. I get put in a tough spot with a ton of my holdings.

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really could have ATs here? You would cap a TAG 3bet from the SB with this hand? Is this something you would do at a standard table against a TAG, or is it in your range because its a 2+2 table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing slightly LAGGier then normal, and also Sparky was running really bad, and I felt I could run over him.

jba 12-12-2005 10:19 PM

"I was playing slightly LAGGier then normal"

oh man I just looked this hand up

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I was playing slightly LAGGier then normal"

oh man I just looked this hand up

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I didn't have T9s