Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Jason hates this title (10/20) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388985)

Entity 12-01-2005 05:32 AM

Jason hates this title (10/20)

10/20 at either PokerStars or Party, I forget which. 10-handed. BB is unknown.

Folded to me in MP1, I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Only the BB calls.

The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is the 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he calls.

The river is the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He bets, I raise, he 3-bets, and I...

lil feller 12-01-2005 06:17 AM

Re: Jason hates this title (10/20)

Tough spot, but certainly doesn't seem all that unlikely that he would c/c, c/c, bet with a weak ace, not wanting to fold you out earlier. Might also have made Queens up. I like the raise, and call the 3 bet. If he has JT, good for him, he'll call with several worse hand and 3 bet with enough to make calling correct. If nothing else against an unknown, especially if its Pokerstars, I want to see what he plays this way.

I play the Q clubs the same way. Most people would put more action in on the flop with a flush draw, even heads up, so I wouldn't give it that much thought.

lf

CardSharpCook 12-01-2005 07:35 AM

wow, I am the only one who didn't raise this river. Maybe I am being results oriented. So very obvious what he has. Either he has a blown flush or JT. Obviously we know it is JT when he 3bets, but I still call because I like to do that to myself.

Piiop 12-01-2005 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, I am the only one who didn't raise this river. Maybe I am being results oriented. So very obvious what he has. Either he has a blown flush or JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Your range here is too small. On top of JT and a missed flush draw, he could also have any combo of worse two pair hands, a weirdly played Ace unpaired kicker, QT, QJ, or a weirdly played set.

mrkilla 12-01-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your range here is too small. On top of JT and a missed flush draw, he could also have any combo of worse two pair hands, a weirdly played Ace unpaired kicker, QT, QJ, or a weirdly played set.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said, told fold here for one more seems like a mistake

Jeffage 12-01-2005 01:15 PM

Call the reraise and look at J10...he'll have a worse two pair once in awhile.

Jeff

12-01-2005 01:56 PM

I think this is a great survey and a means to force grunches and have people check if they are on task with their poker skills
thanks

bakku 12-02-2005 01:32 AM

bump

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ReptileHouse 12-02-2005 02:38 PM

Re: bump

Call the three bet. I expect to be shown queens up often enough.