Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Invited to Test new PP Beta Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385130)

AtlBrvs4Life 11-25-2005 05:09 PM

Invited to Test new PP Beta Software

Looks like Party Poker is really starting to cater to multi table players. I tested it out and it seems to work pretty well. Looks like I don't really need these two 2001FPs to 8 table now. The minimum size for tables is now 512x387. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dear AtlBrvs4Life,

As one of PartyPoker.com's most valued VIP players, you are one of only 300 people invited to test a new feature on our software before it is officially released. This is one of many developments planned for the future.

We have designed this new feature for players who enjoy playing on more that one table at a time. It will enable you to tile, cascade and resize multiple tables.

Please click on the link below to download and try out the beta version of this feature

Once you have thoroughly tested it, please send us your feedback by replying to this email and include screenshots if necessary. This will allow us to make any necessary adjustments before release.

When playing on the smaller tables, did you find the text, images and graphics: Much too small, Too small, just right, could be smaller
Were you able to resize individual tables successfully?
Did you find the tiling and cascading options useful?
Were the tiling and cascading buttons located in a convenient place?
Was your overall impression of the resizing, tiling and cascading options positive or negative?
Did you encounter any technical problems?
How many tables do you generally play?
What resolution do you generally have your monitor set to?
Any other comments

We thank you in advance for helping us to develop this new feature, which will help to maintain PartyPoker.com’s position as the world’s best poker room.
Regards,
PartyPoker.com development team

TylerD 11-25-2005 05:11 PM

Re: Invited to Test new PP Beta Software

Wow. Don't forget to post screen shots here.

AtlBrvs4Life 11-25-2005 05:16 PM

I could actually post a link. The e-mail does not say anything about sharing the link. Does anybody think this could cause me any problems?

swiftrhett 11-25-2005 05:18 PM

Let's see it!

greg nice 11-25-2005 05:19 PM

9 tables on one monitor?

Cubswin 11-25-2005 05:21 PM

Looks like I don't really need these two 2001FPs to 8 table now. The minimum size for tables is now 512x387

...but if you had 2 2001FPs you could 18 table without overlap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TheNoodleMan 11-25-2005 05:33 PM

Time to sell your dell stock, a huge market for their monitors just dried up.

Pog0 11-25-2005 05:33 PM

Ask them to implement shortcut keys! I know you can do this externally, but they should offer the option! 1,2,3 or f1,f2,f3 = check/call/raise

IggyWH 11-25-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could actually post a link. The e-mail does not say anything about sharing the link. Does anybody think this could cause me any problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

Post it!

AtlBrvs4Life 11-25-2005 06:08 PM

Ok what the hell. I don't see what they could do other than exclude me from these tests in the future.

Enjoy!
http://www.partypoker.com/marketing/ppbetadownload.htm

IggyWH 11-25-2005 06:09 PM

TY kind sir!

11-25-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok what the hell. I don't see what they could do other than exclude me from these tests in the future.

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

they jusy went from 300 testers to 1000 lol

B00T 11-25-2005 06:18 PM

Good luck reading Pokerace numbers on these tiny tables. Very neat feature though!

swiftrhett 11-25-2005 06:18 PM

this is da bomb

AtlBrvs4Life 11-25-2005 06:19 PM

Yea I figure I owe 2+2 more than Party.

goodguy_1 11-25-2005 06:19 PM

this is awesome 9-table on one monitor with ease.

OrcaDK 11-25-2005 06:19 PM

And here i were, thinking i might finally have a weekend without having to work, dammit.

mscags 11-25-2005 06:20 PM

Anyone get this to work with Poker Ace?

smoore 11-25-2005 06:20 PM

That's freakin' cool, thanks.

Tell them they should give the option to open at a default size... so that 9 tables fit great on our 1600x1200 monitors. If they don't then MTH guy will probably take care of it for us.

OrcaDK 11-25-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's freakin' cool, thanks.

Tell them they should give the option to open at a default size... so that 9 tables fit great on our 1600x1200 monitors. If they don't then MTH guy will probably take care of it for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And here i were, thinking i might finally have a weekend without having to work, dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Freudian 11-25-2005 06:26 PM

Anyone found a way to get rid of the blackjack and sidebet icons? I thought I deleted the right files but now I am not allowed on any tables but it tells me to reinstall.

PokerAce 11-25-2005 06:26 PM

PokerAce Hud will only work with the default sizes unless you change your layouts, which will be difficult because the images that PA Hud uses in the Layout Manager are set to the default size.

I'll see what I can do to make PA Hud compatible with this new feature.

Mike O'Malley/PartyPoker.com 11-25-2005 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had intended to send it to many of you here anyway, so no harm done.

I will ask this...if you have any feedback besides the standard "good or bad" please send it to me at mikeo@partygaming.com.

There are many good things coming up in the near future. Some you guys will love, some you wont care about either way and some you will say "you wasted your time with that?".

I am in the process of acheiving the one goal I have had for over four years...making the client GOOD. And I wont sleep for the next year. Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PokerAce 11-25-2005 06:35 PM

Will there be betas like this for all the new changes to the Party client? I would like to ensure that PA Hud works properly with all the changes prior to their release to the public. A lot of players won't be happy if they can't have their stats.

xLukex 11-25-2005 06:37 PM

Yeah the layout looks great and all but I'm not going to 6 table the BBJP tables until I get stats. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IggyWH 11-25-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the layout looks great and all but I'm not going to 6 table the BBJP tables until I get stats. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a PA Hud layout for full table at the smallest setting almost ready to release. Give me about 10 more minutes to perfect it

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GrannyMae 11-25-2005 06:43 PM

re: the update ----> http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/claps.gif

nh

p.s. thanks for getting back to me
<font color="white">not </font>

PokerAce 11-25-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a PA Hud layout for full table at the smallest setting almost ready to release. Give me about 10 more minutes to perfect it

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem is the popup stats won't work.

Mike O'Malley/PartyPoker.com 11-25-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
re: the update ----&gt; http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/claps.gif

nh

p.s. thanks for getting back to me
<font color="white">not </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

tigerite 11-25-2005 06:55 PM

When you re-size a table, the labels stay as the size they were before, making them almost impossible to read. Also d25.gif seems to have weird white corners, and appears wrong on the display.

11-25-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone found a way to get rid of the blackjack and sidebet icons? I thought I deleted the right files but now I am not allowed on any tables but it tells me to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the same message, kinda sucks.

Freudian 11-25-2005 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess Party feels we need these things, despite going to lengths to remove them.

Mike, why not have sidebets and blackjack be removable via the options menu? There are lots of players that simply won't play them but hate to accidentally click the icons while multitabling.

IggyWH 11-25-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to the topic where the layout is

Mike O'Malley/PartyPoker.com 11-25-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess Party feels we need these things, despite going to lengths to remove them.

Mike, why not have sidebets and blackjack be removable via the options menu? There are lots of players that simply won't play them but hate to accidentally click the icons while multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not aware of anything that was intentionally done that would be causing this message.
If you can email me a little better description of exactly what the problem is, and what you are seeing, I will find out if there is a fix before this client goes out.

11-25-2005 07:12 PM

I just played an hour with the software...It need work for sure! By the way, I think its rigged cuz I flopped Quads twice in an hour, plus I was getting monster starting hands..I think its the way party pays me back for testing the software...lmao...anyways, if someone tells me how to post a pic I will, I have the screenshot saved in PAINT

greg nice 11-25-2005 07:13 PM

i made a screenshot already

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1410/untitled0aq.jpg

IggyWH 11-25-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't delete them, but I just opened them up in photoshop and painted over them the same color as my table. Can't get rid of the links, but at least I got rid of the way they look.

I haven't tried it, but I wonder if resizing them very small would work?

handsome 11-25-2005 07:14 PM

Lee Jones is probably on the phone with the PS programming team right now.

Freudian 11-25-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not aware of anything that was intentionally done that would be causing this message.
If you can email me a little better description of exactly what the problem is, and what you are seeing, I will find out if there is a fix before this client goes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2ers have deleted the following files from the Images directory to avoid having BJ and sidebet icons while playing:

lobby_bj_button.jpg
sidebetbg.jpg
sidebetclose.bmp
sidebetclosebet.bmp
sidebetopen.bmp
sidebetopenbet.bmp
sidebetupdateprocess.jpg
table_bj_button.jpg

But when removing them with the beta software, you can't enter tables but recieve the message that files are missing and you have to reinstall.

Freudian 11-25-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can't delete them, but I just opened them up in photoshop and painted over them the same color as my table. Can't get rid of the links, but at least I got rid of the way they look.

I haven't tried it, but I wonder if resizing them very small would work?

[/ QUOTE ]

I made them 1x1 pixels in size, but I didn't want to post about it since it would give Partys programmers an idea to check filesize in order to force these useless things on us. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]