Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA hand - MrWookie and I disagree (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349961)

scotty34 10-03-2005 11:48 PM

AA hand - MrWookie and I disagree

The converter is down right now, so I'll just write this one out by hand. Assume the Villain here is unknown. MrWookie and I disagree on the way I played this hand.

I get dealt AA in the CO (suits unimportant). MP raises, I 3-bet, Villain in the SB caps, MP folds and I call.

Flop comes 688 rainbow. SB bets out, and we proceed to cap it.

Turn comes Qs putting two spades on. SB bets, I raise and he calls.

River comes an offsuit J. He bets and I call.

marchron 10-03-2005 11:52 PM

Re: AA hand - MrWookie and I disagree

I'd call, but I'd expect to see Q/Q or J/J unless pots are routinely getting capped preflop.

What's the disagreement?

Paxosmotic 10-03-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call, but I'd expect to see Q/Q or J/J unless pots are routinely getting capped preflop.

What's the disagreement?

[/ QUOTE ]
A river raise.

Redd 10-03-2005 11:55 PM

I like the call. Against an unknown villain, I'm willing to assume we're up against another pp here. And I'm also assuming he knows we have a pp too. And the only one we can value-raise is KK, who wouldn't donkbet because he realizes he's behind every other pp now.

10-03-2005 11:56 PM

I like the call.

10-04-2005 12:05 AM

I raise here no question. Call a three bet

There is basically ONE hand THREE combinations (JJ) that beats you here. QQ isnt slowing down on that turn. KK TT AQ AJ are all scared to death of missing a bet so are trying to get one last in in case you check AK behind.

You have to push that river.

10-04-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is basically ONE hand THREE combinations (JJ) that beats you here. QQ isnt slowing down on that turn. KK TT AQ AJ are all scared to death of missing a bet so are trying to get one last in in case you check AK behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think our preflop, flop and turn action has made it pretty clear that we don't have AK.

He's either has JJ, KK, or he's a maniac. I'm sure that a raise against an unknown can't be that bad, but getting 3 bet would really suck b/c you can't fold (at least I wouldn't)

Redd 10-04-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think our preflop, flop and turn action has made it pretty clear that we don't have AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise his action makes it pretty clear he doesn't have AQ/AJ.

10-04-2005 12:13 AM

You are giving a ML player waaaay too much credit.

Come on, its ML. He is barely even playing your cards, he is just looking at his own. He has a very good hand and wants one more bet in on this river. It doesnt mean he has JJ.

gharp 10-04-2005 12:13 AM

Given Villain's play so far, the Q on the turn is actually a bit of a scare card for you. The J on the river is terrifying. I'd play it the same way you did.