Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   how much would you pay to have a pro look at your summary? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298725)

Bigwig 07-23-2005 04:54 AM

Re: how much would you pay to have a pro look at your summary?

What constitutes a 'pro?'

I make over half my income playing poker.

You wanna pay me hourly?

Irieguy 07-23-2005 06:56 AM

It takes about 30 minutes to review a HH and write up a critique.

The fair price for 1 HH review with a critique would be 1/2 of whatever the pro earns per hour by playing.

Irieguy

SCfuji 07-23-2005 08:24 AM

this is guaranteed income and believe that should change the rate. of course since i would be the customer im biased towards cheaper possibilities but if i were the pro i think i would be able to make a nice little business out of this summary review by doing mass quantities of them and the less expensive the review is the easier it would be to get business.

citanul 07-23-2005 11:39 AM

while i'm sure you can find someone to look over a game or two for free, this statement below is pretty silly. to a pro, they play their hours they make their money, the concept of taking a cut in pay/hour to get a gauranteed rate (probably a big cut) just doesn't make much sense.

then again, 1800gambler made a post about this once i think. my main thinking on the subject is that if someone has some hourly rate for playing, that is their expected return for the next hour, plain and simple.

[ QUOTE ]
this is guaranteed income and believe that should change the rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

microbet 07-23-2005 11:49 AM

What buyin are you playing?

If I were you I wouldn't necessarily look towards the top buyin players. At each level there are players who have played a lot with very high ROIs. One of these players will probably be just as good for you and will probably be a lot cheaper than someone who is making $200/hr playing.

trdi 07-23-2005 12:34 PM

Not if he busted out on second hand with TT. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Anyway. I wouldn't pay anything right now, because I can improve my play by myself, I'm a low buy-in player. When I move up and feel such a review could help me spot more mistakes, I might do such a think.

pearljam 07-23-2005 12:54 PM

I think it depends on the player, if curtains or raptor want to revew 10 of my tournament historys and fix some holes in my game I would have no problem giving them 50$ or so. However if it was citanul I would'nt be able to pay him anything, so really this is all player dependent.

SCfuji 07-23-2005 01:09 PM

just trying to barter =]

johnnybeef 07-23-2005 01:11 PM

In all honesty, having someone look at my hhs is by far the best move i have ever made. I have now had two people from this forum review a number of my hhs, and i have personally reviewed another member's hhs. All have been for some sort of financial gain, and all have been worth every penny.

SCfuji 07-23-2005 01:19 PM

im new to this forum so i started by reading posts that had the most views and responses. who are the lower buyin studs? 33s and lower.