Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   K Steel (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355451)

nolanfan34 10-11-2005 04:29 PM

K Steel

Boy, not sure what to do about that guy. He's making a lot of obnoxious posts in the Sporting Events forum. People are asking me to ban him, but I haven't technically seen him get too far out of line. I think he's sort of trolling though.

Is his behavior worthy of a warning PM? I did delete one of his threads, and he got pissed off about that. He responded reasonably to my explanation though.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

[censored] 10-11-2005 04:40 PM

Re: K Steel

I say ban him. I'll do it if you don't want to be the bad guy. I'd most likely be getting around to him at somepoint anyways.

Jim Kuhn 10-12-2005 10:48 PM

I don't agree with some of what he says but I have not seen anything real unreasonable. He always tries to put thought and factual numbers in his posts. He generates alot of debate. I would say at most give him a warning.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BottlesOf 10-12-2005 11:06 PM

What I do in these situations is give a warning pm. THey guy sounds like an [censored] who is lowering the quality of the forums. While maybe not immediately bannable, no one wants him here right? So tell him to get his act together (more politely than that) and if he doesn't? Well then he's disobeyed a mod and can be banned. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nolanfan34 10-16-2005 03:14 AM

Update:

I banned him tonight. Too many insulting posts and blatent trolling. Other members of the forum seemed to agree that it was probably time. I try to be somewhat rational about it.

Anyway, if he e-mails you Mat, he probably needs a time-out for a bit. I'm pretty sure he's a previously banned or current poster anyway, who was just pushing buttons.

And of course if he bitches, I'll just say [censored] did it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[censored] 10-16-2005 04:08 AM

about time. make it a perm ban and be done with it.

GuyOnTilt 10-16-2005 06:34 AM

K Steel sent me a PM today telling me to STFU blah blah blah. Part of the PM was this:

[ QUOTE ]
If you deem me unfit to be posting in these baseball threads, then ban me. If not, then STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is being an obvious troll and an overall dumbass. AND he asked to be banned. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GoT

Mat Sklansky 10-17-2005 01:07 PM

He sent this email

Dear Mr. or Mrs. Master,

I'm writing to find out why my account (K Steel) was locked? It says "Trolling", but I don't understand how any part of my behavior on that site would constitute trolling.

Please reconsider your position, and allow me to continue to post under "K Steel", as I was in the midst of several ongoing baseball discussions in the Sports Forum which I'd like to continue.

And please, let me know what I specifically did to get locked out, so that I can try to not repeat the act again.

Thanks,
K Steel

[censored] 10-17-2005 01:27 PM

Re: He sent this email

I assume you stopped reading at Mr. & Mrs Master?

Mat Sklansky 10-17-2005 02:33 PM

Re: He sent this email

Do you guys get all of these forummaster emails, or is it specific to the assigned forum.