Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA fun turn decisions... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=209289)

chris_a 03-08-2005 11:44 AM

AA fun turn decisions...

Reads SoreLoserLAG I just capped the river against (and won) to value bet my top two pair so he's sore. CallingStationDee is the guy I was at this table for, he's loose and passive. CallingStationDum is actually important to the hand but have little reads on him other than looseness and passivity.

The hand: it's straightforward except for the turn. All comments welcome.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 <font color="#A500AF">(CallingStationDee)</font> calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO <font color="#A500AF">(SoreLoserLAG)</font> calls, Button <font color="#A500AF">(CallingStationDum)</font> calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 <font color="#A500AF">(CallingStationDee)</font> calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
CallingStationDee checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SoreLoserLAG raises</font>, CallingStationDum calls, CallingStationDee folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SoreLoserLAG caps</font>, CallingStationDum calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">SoreLoserLAG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CallingStationDum raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SoreLoserLAG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CallingStationDum caps</font>, Hero calls, SoreLoserLAG calls.

River: (24.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">SoreLoserLAG bets</font>, CallingStationDum calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.25 BB

flopwell 03-08-2005 11:54 AM

Re: AA fun turn decisions...

I woulda folded the turn. I know I will be flamed for that response, but you are caught in a raising war with 1 guy who is on tilt and a passive that just made a str8. Lot of chips to spew to get to try and fill that nut flush.

DBG 03-08-2005 11:56 AM

I'd check-fold the river here.

Entity 03-08-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I woulda folded the turn. I know I will be flamed for that response, but you are caught in a raising war with 1 guy who is on tilt and a passive that just made a str8. Lot of chips to spew to get to try and fill that nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the turn is absolutely terrible poker. Even in a worst case scenario you're going to be getting 6:1 on a 4:1 shot.

Rob

btspider 03-08-2005 12:00 PM

as big as this pot is, you can just dump it on the river.

flopwell 03-08-2005 12:01 PM

Told you I would get flamed [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] But getting flamed by entity isn't so bad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

He is right of course. Folding the turn is too week.

chris_a 03-08-2005 12:05 PM

The only reasons I thought about folding were the following.

1) Either could have the J of spades, giving me only 6 outs and probably insufficient odds considering that it's probably going to be capped.
2) With their actions there's a good chance that there's 2-3 spades out there already and it will probably be capped.

That being said though, I didn't fold because I didn't know that it was going to be capped for sure, I thought the chance of this guy trying to pull funny stuff was high (given the last hand), and (even though a small consideration) I had a pair that improved to Aces up easily.

I took the chance of making a small mistake in order to not make a big one even though it was almost certainly a small mistake.

chris_a 03-08-2005 12:07 PM

Yeah sorry, it might be right but there's no way I'm dumping this on the river after calling the capped turn. Just not my style. Not for 26 to 1.

Mister Z 03-08-2005 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check-fold the river here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/Fold a 27BB pot for one bet?

If there was a chance to fold, it would be when it was 2 back to you on the turn. But like you said, you didn't know if it was going to be capped after you called so you kind of got pulled along for the ride. I think you just had the pot odds to go for another spade by calling on the turn - but given the action by the other players, there are probably only 7 spades (at best) left in the deck. My guess is that if you encountered this exact situation 100 times, you'd come out slightly ahead.

Entity 03-08-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Check/Fold a 27BB pot for one bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
This pot would need to be close to 100BB before I'd call on the river.

Rob