Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   30/60 Hand vs 2p2 terror (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300772)

PokerMike 07-26-2005 08:28 AM

30/60 Hand vs 2p2 terror

OK not sure if i should post name, but this guy is 3bb/100 over 200k hands. Stats are roughly 28/18/2.4 for 2-6players. My image is probably worse than it should be. I play a 30/20 style and defend blinds/3bet on Button/CO liberally. I think he thinks i am a tad too loose(mainly with weakish aces preflop). This may or may not have made me look like i'm also very aggro postflop(which i'm not).

6handed Party 30/60

2p2er raises UTG, I call in SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [6SB]
I bet, BB folds, 2p2terror raises, I call.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5BB]
I check, 2p2er bets, I call.

My plan is to check-call a brick river(standard vs this type of player yes?).

River 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [7BB]
I bet, 2p2er raises, I 3bet, 2p2terror calls.

Final pot [13BB]

Big river question. What do you put 2p2er on? Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? is a J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] possible? Is it right to call a 3bet with the 1) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 2)J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] after you get 3bet by me?

Tropex 07-26-2005 08:52 AM

Re: 30/60 Hand vs 2p2 terror

Was it 3-handed or 6-handed (it says 6-max but nothing else). If it was full 6 plr table and he raised UTG, doesn't that indicate highish ace, maybe high pair. Raising QJs under the gun is also possible, but I think he could have like QQ here (Q of clubs), maybe AQ (Q of clubs as well). It would be a bit too harsh to assume he has QJs of clubs and had flopped second nutflush (of course it's possible too), I'm thinking AQ, JJ or QQ.

[Edit] In addition he might have spiked a set of 9s, aces or tens ;]

PokerMike 07-26-2005 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it 3-handed or 6-handed

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a full table with 6 players sitting.

I'm really not wondering what his holdings are. I'm sure they are a J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Xx or Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Xx. I'm wondering if my river plan for a brick is right vs this player, and i'm also wondering about how good/bad his river play is(seperately for the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

Tropex 07-26-2005 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was it 3-handed or 6-handed

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a full table with 6 players sitting.

I'm really not wondering what his holdings are. I'm sure they are a J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Xx or Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Xx. I'm wondering if my river plan for a brick is right vs this player, and i'm also wondering about how good/bad his river play is(seperately for the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemed fine to me, I think if you had checkraised him, it would've been maximum of 2 bets and you would've actually risked not getting any bets at all (unlikely but possible).

ISF 07-26-2005 10:08 AM

I think you played it perfectly post flop. I would fold to a river bet if a brick fell here I just dont really see any reasonable hands you beat here. As well I would fold this preflop to an UTG raise.

MAxx 07-26-2005 10:29 AM

-I really wouldn't think that K9o is going to be that good vs a solid 18% er's UTG's raising range. Especially out of the SB. I'd fold better hands out of the BB here. What's your reasoning?

-your postflop looks fine

-his riverraise with the Q or J of clubs is definitely good. when you 3bet, it doesnt feel so good. However, IMO, he cannot fold a Q or J of clubs to your river 3bet heads up....unless he knows your play unusually well.

Entity 07-26-2005 10:42 AM

Postflop is good. I hate your preflop call though.

sthief09 07-26-2005 10:54 AM

I think it's hard for him to raise the river without a big club because he really can't fold to a 3-bet. you could be making a thin 3-bet there, like "maybe I have the best hand or maybe he'll fold a better one" or you could be 3-betting assuming he'll let go of a hand that's not the nuts. so if his hand si strong enough to raise I think he has to call a 3-bet too. in this situation I think that would apply to the J or Q. I don't think he should be raising black 8s though

what are you doing if he just calls the flop. I think the only point in leading into him would be to see if he has red KJ or KQ or a clubless 66 and fold. if he aclls you don't ahve the best hand.

I'm also wondering what he puts you on when you bet the river. your flop bet is in line with a strong but vulnerablehand like red AJ, or maybe a semibluff like QJ or KQ/KJ with a club

and also what do you beat if/when he bets a red deuce river? I think it's a pretty safe fold on a blank

and that preflop call is terrible, especially considering you're up against a better player

PokerMike 07-26-2005 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's hard for him to raise the river without a big club because he really can't fold to a 3-bet. you could be making a thin 3-bet there, like "maybe I have the best hand or maybe he'll fold a better one" or you could be 3-betting assuming he'll let go of a hand that's not the nuts. so if his hand si strong enough to raise I think he has to call a 3-bet too. in this situation I think that would apply to the J or Q. I don't think he should be raising black 8s though

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess i thought that his image of me wasn't psycho enough for a 3bet call to be profitable with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but i guess it was cos he made it.

[ QUOTE ]
what are you doing if he just calls the flop. I think the only point in leading into him would be to see if he has red KJ or KQ or a clubless 66 and fold. if he aclls you don't ahve the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i check-call because he will bet this turn so incredibly often.

[ QUOTE ]
and also what do you beat if/when he bets a red deuce river? I think it's a pretty safe fold on a blank

[/ QUOTE ]

Smaller pairs and missed draw bluffs. I thought those hands would make the call profitable but he probably bluffs at those rivers enough to make the decision close to neurtal EV.

[ QUOTE ]
and that preflop call is terrible, especially considering you're up against a better player

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that session he'd been raising his normal range but also adding a lot of wierdo hands that were showndown. I may have fallen into his image trap and made a bad call, but i'm unsure. On the one hand he is a better player, but on the other he has a huge PFR and i only have to lose less than 0.5BB longrun. Whats the weakest K you defend against this player in this spot?

MAxx 07-26-2005 01:08 PM

"Whats the weakest K you defend against this player in this spot?"

Probably AK...Maybe some Strong suited K's. KJs is about the worst I consider, and I'd think I was wrong for playing that, because KJ would still be on his lower range of raising standards and suitedness doesn't make up as much for weak high card strength in headsup/ 3way.

If I had your read, I may call KJo out of the BB... but that is as loose as I'd get.