Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341091)

cold_cash 09-20-2005 11:16 PM

AK

So I'm running really crappy lately. Really crappy. Not that that has anything to do with anything, but whatever.

Anyway, here's one.

UTG was loose and passive, but also showed random spaziness.

SB was unknown.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Anything particularly interesting?

What would you have done differently?

GTSamIAm 09-20-2005 11:19 PM

Re: AK

I'd raise the river and call a 3-bet at this level. If you have good reads, you could fold to the 3-bet.

Harv72b 09-20-2005 11:20 PM

Nice hand. I might consider raising the river, but since you can't really fold to a 3-bet based on your read of UTG, a smooth call is better.

pryor15 09-21-2005 04:58 AM

why not raise the river when you've hit your backdoor flush? is there any real reason to believe he doesn't just have 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] with a pretty good kicker?

i say raise and call a 3-bet.

Highn 09-21-2005 05:01 AM

I don't get it, if you don't think you're King is good why call the turn bet and if you do why not raise the river? Am I missing something?

Sykes 09-21-2005 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it, if you don't think you're King is good why call the turn bet and if you do why not raise the river? Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you good enough to fold to a 3 bet? Because that's what you need to be if you want to raise this river.

POKhER 09-21-2005 07:46 AM

My only questions are:
Why did you raise the flop?(Get rid of Ace[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or what?)
Why did you call the turn if you wont raise river.

jakbse 09-21-2005 07:58 AM

I would have called the flop with my 4,5 outs. Since we don't have a made hand there's nothing to protect.
Turn, you have to call and a raise for value doesn't make sense. River, possible value bet but it opens up for a re-raise which I would have to call.. I'm sure others will say you have to raise.

ArturiusX 09-21-2005 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you good enough to fold to a 3 bet? Because that's what you need to be if you want to raise this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats crazy. I raise and call a 3-bet.

bottomset 09-21-2005 08:31 AM

I'm not sure I like the flop raise, in his random spaziness, will he bet hands like 87, 45, flush draws, gutshots?

the rest is good, river is close, since his play looks like a donked FD on the flop, and then betting his flush