Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   allen C. rereraise on river with three AAA, can't be good (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402231)

12-20-2005 06:29 PM

allen C. rereraise on river with three AAA, can\'t be good

PLO final table. helmuth bets on river with flush, robert w. raises with his top full house, Allen C. reraises with lone A (board was A 6 6 A K).

what was he thinking???

12-20-2005 06:37 PM

Re: allen C. rereraise on river with three AAA, can\'t be good

Go search for this in the PLO forum for your answer, they had a lot of fun with this hand after the show aired.

12-20-2005 06:49 PM

can't find it..

12-20-2005 07:07 PM

here ya go

gobboboy 12-20-2005 07:30 PM

I actually wanted to comment on this episode but I thought no one would care about it anymore.

I wasn't impressed with Cunningham's play at all during this final table. I definitely think he's an amazing player and probably better than most in Omaha, but compared to a lot of the other players I don't think his skills in Omaha are CLOSE to professional. His raise on this board was just bad unless he misread his hand, his calling down Hellmuth with a double gutshot hand when the flush came in was also quite bad, and some of his other plays were marginal if nothing else.

12-20-2005 08:05 PM

Robert could very well have been raising with AQ or less, since there was no action before the river.

NLfool 12-20-2005 08:36 PM

I'm sure allen would say thats a donk play too as I don't think his raise is enough to make a flush fold if per se you take out Robert W.

gobboboy 12-20-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Robert could very well have been raising with AQ or less, since there was no action before the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play Omaha?

12-20-2005 09:19 PM

Yeah there is no way Williamson raises with just 3 aces in that spot, in fact he probably folds there with a player still to act and the first pos. man betting out. I was thinking though - what if Williamson just calls behind Hellmuth - does Allen then raise the trips as a semi-bluff or a sort of squeeze, assuming he only needs to get Hellmuth to fold? (Of course this would never happen as RW3 never flatcalls with A's full.)

12-20-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play Omaha?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad.