Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KQ line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405700)

deception5 12-27-2005 02:21 AM

KQ line

Hi all,

Going to Foxwoods tomorrow and was doing some practicing by following the advice of one of the better posters here. Dealt myself all 10 hands to see what developed. Assume all tags, 1/2 SB structure.

UTG raises 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Folded to button who cc's A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB cc's K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and BB folds.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

So what line do we like best for SB (KQ)?

1.) C/R - We may have the best hand and UTG is going to bet here almost always.
2.) C/C - If our hand is best it's likely to remain so. Free cards are not a big issue.
3.) Bet - There's a reasonable chance to knock the button out here or even UTG. Take advantage of it.

Also anyone hate preflop (and if so, why)?

Jake (The Snake) 12-27-2005 03:23 AM

Re: KQ line

Meh. Probably check/call for the reason you said and also because I think we are behind a lot. I might fold if UTG bet and Button raised. What should we put a TAG button on here? AQ, KQ, and QJ I would think, and we lose to two of those and split with the other one, not to mention UTG might still have an overpair or AQ himself.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer 3-betting with AQ on the button but calling probably isn't terrible. I want to use position + initiative to be able to make UTG fold the best hand sometimes and I don't particularly want the blinds coming along.

I really dislike the KQo call from the SB though. Way too risky for domination and our position sucks. This is one of the best flops KQo can get and I'm still not happy about it.

deception5 12-27-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ, KQ, and QJ I would think, and we lose to two of those and split with the other one, not to mention UTG might still have an overpair or AQ himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right on here - and I'd probably throw in AJ as well. Still doesn't look great for us which is crazy since this is about the best flop we could hope for.

I think you're right about preflop, considering hand ranges here KQ is just not going to do well.

TheHip41 12-27-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Going to Foxwoods tomorrow and was doing some practicing by following the advice of one of the better posters here. Dealt myself all 10 hands to see what developed. Assume all tags, 1/2 SB structure.

UTG raises 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Folded to button who cc's A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB cc's K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and BB folds.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

So what line do we like best for SB (KQ)?

1.) C/R - We may have the best hand and UTG is going to bet here almost always.
2.) C/C - If our hand is best it's likely to remain so. Free cards are not a big issue.
3.) Bet - There's a reasonable chance to knock the button out here or even UTG. Take advantage of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have KQo in the sb and a good player raises UTG you fold preflop. Next hand.

ackid 12-27-2005 05:19 PM

How about folding preflop.

Were oop with a dominated hand.