Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Wraparound draw LO8 .5/1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405844)

Boolean 12-27-2005 12:12 PM

Wraparound draw LO8 .5/1

hand converter doesn't work for Absolute, so:

Dealt to Hero [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
UTG - Checks
UTG+1- Calls $0.50
MP1 - Calls $0.50
Hero - Calls $0.50
CO - Calls $0.50
Button - Calls $0.50
SB - Folds
BB - Checks

Connected high cards with suited possbilities, albeit small ones. I figure it's good to take one off.

*** FLOP *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
BB - Checks
UTG - Checks
UTG+1 - Checks
MP1 - Bets $0.50
Hero - Raises $1 to $1
CO - Calls $1
Button - Calls $1
BB - Calls $1
UTG - Folds
UTG+1 - Folds
MP1 - Calls $0.50

In retrospect, I think calling and going for overcalls is a better play. I like my wraparound draw as any 6, 9, T, J gives me half the pot.

*** TURN *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB - Checks
MP1 - Bets $1
Hero - Raises $2 to $2
CO - All-In $1.42
Button - Calls $2
BB - Raises $3 to $3
MP1 - Raises $3 to $4
Hero - Calls $2
Button - Calls $2
BB - Calls $1

After the hand, I calculated my exact outs if the flush is good to be 20, that's discounting the times the board pairs. That means I'll get half of this multiway pot 45% of the time. If the flush isn't good (which I feel is unlikely unless someone happens to have the K with their low and another spade), 13 cards give me the straight which means that about 30% of the time I'll get half the pot. I'm pretty much tied to the pot, and I raised for what I think to be value, good?

*** RIVER *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB - Bets $1
MP1 - Calls $1
Hero - Calls $1
Button - Raises $2 to $2
BB - Calls $1
MP1 - Calls $1
Hero - Calls $1

The board pairs, gives me a weak flush, and instead of bailing, I decide to call only one to me. I played the river poorly I think. I probably should've folded to one of the two bets I called.

Overall thoughts?

Ironman 12-27-2005 12:21 PM

Re: Wraparound draw LO8 .5/1

Boolean,

This is a tough hand.

If you want to see the flop with this hand (and I think it's ok to see the flop with this hand) you need to have the discipline to fold this flop even though it looks like a good flop...even though it isn't.

You are playing for half the pot. Save your bets for times when you are playing for more than 1/2.

If the low was still drawing, I'd have a different answer for you, but it's already made and you aren't getting any part of the low.

So...you are drawing for half the pot.

Don't do that. You are risking alot to win just a little.

Dave

kitaristi0 12-27-2005 01:11 PM

PF is standard.

The flop is deceptive. You have a big straight draw, that's true. However, the board has three low cards. With 6 opponents a low is almost certainly already made. You're drawing at half the pot. I think you should fold it on the flop.

On the river I think you should fold. You made the 2nd nut flush, but the board paired. A low is certainly out there, so you're going after half the pot at best. I think there's a very good chance your flush is also beat.

All in all, I think folding on the flop is the best line.

12-27-2005 01:18 PM

This isn't close. Please fold this flop. You're playing for half in a small pot, and at these levels, you are not lessening attendance enough with a raise on this board...just getting yourself deeper into a mess.

12-27-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't close. Please fold this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would have mucked this pre-flop. Going into a hand where your best hand is most likely a straight is a bad strategy.

dcasper70 12-27-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't close. Please fold this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

or come sit at our tables... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dcasper70 12-27-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have mucked this pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
I'd play it for 1 bet looking for a 2 or 3 hi card flop and play to scoop.

This is not that flop.

12-27-2005 04:10 PM

Preflop: Muck.
Flop: Muck.
Turn: Muck.
River: Muck.

I'll give explanation if needed, but preflop and the flop arent close at all, very standard laydowns.

dcasper70 12-27-2005 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Muck.
Flop: Muck.
Turn: Muck.
River: Muck.

I'll give explanation if needed, but preflop and the flop arent close at all, very standard laydowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop, Turn and River, I think we all agree, but preflop???

Is this really a 'very standard laydown' preflop full ring?

I play 99% 6-max, so this is a genuine question. I'd like to hear your reasoning to see if it holds true at the shorthanded tables.

kitaristi0 12-27-2005 05:16 PM

I call PF. Definitely not an instafold. A case can be made for both calling and folding.