Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tough River 400nl (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403902)

Slappz 12-23-2005 03:48 AM

Tough River 400nl

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Button ($301)
SB ($523.80)
BB ($309.60)
UTG ($187.25)
MP ($405.50)
Hero ($510.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, Button calls $15, SB (poster) calls $13, BB calls $11.

Flop: ($60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45</font>, Button calls $45, SB folds, BB folds.

River: ($154) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $200</font>

I've been playing the opponent for about and hour, hes pretty lag, bluffs when checked to and plays a lot of wierd hands in raised pots. But with that said he is usually showing down the goods when the pot gets big.

Is there a better way to play this river? I didnt want to check-call because i wanted to get a big bet out of trips, but i also didnt want to commit myself incase he has a fullhouse. Thoughts?

12-23-2005 04:45 AM

Re: Tough River 400nl

I'd push here.. Hands that beat you are 88, 99 (why would he bet 4$ if he hit his set?), Q9, 44, QQ.

You are ahead of so many other hands that he could possibly have. I find that the min bet often represents a flush draw. I push here every time. He's much more likely to have KQ, AQ, QJ, QT.. JT or TT and a split is also a possibility.

billyjex 12-23-2005 04:51 AM

I am leaning towards a river check/call. It seems he will bet the hands he will call a bet with everytime, while he will usually raise your bet only with a full house. Also, you may get a bluff out of a busted flush draw.

Pushing here is equivalent to hating money. Giving as played, I probably call because I tend to convince myself he is playing trips retarded or doing an elaborate bluff but from your read this doesn't sound like the case.

12-23-2005 04:53 AM

Pushing here is only 41$ more.

Does that make it worse to push? Do you think you're ahead here more than you'rebehind

Lucky 12-23-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd push here.. Hands that beat you are 88, 99 (why would he bet 4$ if he hit his set?), Q9, 44, QQ.

You are ahead of so many other hands that he could possibly have. I find that the min bet often represents a flush draw. I push here every time. He's much more likely to have KQ, AQ, QJ, QT.. JT or TT and a split is also a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

dont push. call river. well played. You dont like to see raise on river, but you didnt want to bet less into awkward played trips.

12-23-2005 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

dont push. call river. well played. You dont like to see raise on river, but you didnt want to bet less into awkward played trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why wouldn't you push if you believe that you are more than a 50% favorite here?

Slappz 12-23-2005 12:57 PM

He didnt bet $4 that was the BB, he coldcalled my raise on the turn. He could easily have 88,99,Q9,Q8 the way he was playing he was coldcalling a lot of my raises trying to hit a good flop to stack me.

I just cant put him on a hand that would miniraise the river with that I beat. If he's miniraising hes looking for a call and the way i bet it looks exaclty like i have a queen. I was playing tight enough postflop that he knows im not going to be betting into 4 people without atleast trips here.

I have to be ahead at least 25% of the time for this call to be right?

Hattifnatt 12-23-2005 01:01 PM

Looks good all the way. Just call his river min-raise.