Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Nut straight on a monochrome flop against the other biggish stack. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343895)

Kirkrrr 09-25-2005 03:35 AM

Nut straight on a monochrome flop against the other biggish stack.

2/3 NL at Ocean's 11. Me and Villain have a long history together. He's very solid, TAG, ala Dan Harrington. My image is that of a tricky LAG, and I've been causing as much havoc as I can for the past two hours or so. All my show-downs have been nothing but the goods, however.
me - MP1(700)
Villain - BB(600)

UTG calls, I limp w/ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], fold to him in BB and he makes it 18 to go. UTG folds, I insta-call.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks, I toss a handful of chips that ends up being 40, he raises to 140. I push.

Comments?

Kirk

captZEEbo1 09-25-2005 04:11 AM

Re: Nut straight on a monochrome flop against the other biggish stack.

fold preflop gus, also I think this post should be in small stakes. Wouldn't a $2/3 game be equivalent to like some .5/1 game or worse online? Flop seems fine though.

The Truth 09-25-2005 09:49 AM

flop is standard, no other comments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-blake

Yeti 09-25-2005 09:51 AM

The good thing about making this play with the Td is that if you're behind, you will usually have one out.

DyessMan89 09-25-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The good thing about making this play with the Td is that if you're behind, you will usually have one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Kirkrrr 09-25-2005 02:00 PM

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I couldn't think of anything better to do on the flop either, so I was wondering if anyone else could. But there really was no way to make much more on that hand, was there? Okay, thanks.

Kirk

AZK 09-25-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Kirkrrr 09-25-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop gus

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't a $2/3 game be equivalent to like some .5/1 game or worse online?

[/ QUOTE ]

$1/2NL if you wanna go by max buy-in. However, I suggest you look at stack sizes, and go from there. That game always gets deeper than any 3/6 and a lot of 5/10 games on Stars.

Kirk

Kirkrrr 09-25-2005 03:54 PM

RESUTLS

Villain called, and showed 99 for top set. Turn was a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to fill him up. River - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

No, kidding. He folded on the flop.

Kirk