Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PP 15/30 how should I have played this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=137506)

BurnsvilleCardClub 10-18-2004 05:45 PM

PP 15/30 how should I have played this?

Pretty nice PP 15/30 the other night- Wondering how I could have played this better......

Hero is UTG+1 with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero raises, folded to UTG+3 who 3 bets it
C/O calls, button folds, blinds fold- 3 way flop
flop= A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+3 bets, C/O calls, Hero calls
turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+3 bets, C/O folds, Hero calls
River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets out, UTG+3 raises, Hero 3 bets, UTG+3 calls

what would you guys put UTG+3 on in this situation? and how do you think I should have played this?

mmcd 10-18-2004 05:55 PM

Re: PP 15/30 how should I have played this?

Play it fast on the flop/turn. If either one of them has a big Ace, you want to play a big pot. This is a situation where you should ABSOLUTELY NOT slowplay a flopped boat. If neither of them have an Ace you have to worry about the turn getting check through (after all you did open raise in EP and call on that flop) I'd checkraise the flop, flat-call any further bets, and then lead (with intention of 3-betting) the turn.

btw: he has AJ AK or 99.

BurnsvilleCardClub 10-18-2004 06:59 PM

UTG+3 had Q,Q for Queens full of Aces to beat Hero's 7's full of aces.

mmcd 10-18-2004 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+3 had Q,Q for Queens full of Aces to beat Hero's 7's full of aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak non 4-bet by him on the river.

BurnsvilleCardClub 10-18-2004 07:28 PM

Thats what I was thinnking. He saved me one extra Big Bet so I guess I am happy about that. But that was an awful beat. A two outer hits on the river for his bigger Boat. Unbelievable.

King_J 10-18-2004 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats what I was thinnking. He saved me one extra Big Bet so I guess I am happy about that. But that was an awful beat. A two outer hits on the river for his bigger Boat. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace beats you too

lostinthought 10-18-2004 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace beats you too

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the post?

A couple of aces beat him, but not just any ace.

wake up

bobbyi 10-18-2004 10:24 PM

No, you should wake up. The situation is 77 vs QQ on an AA7 board. If an ace comes, the QQ has aces full of queens to beat hero's aces full of sevens. Thus the claim that QQ is a "two-outer" is false, as it's really a four outer. That's the point he was making. If you don't understand what's being dicussed (you apparently thought he was talking about alternate enemy holdings rather than the outs for QQ), you would be better off asking for clarification politely rather than being so rude. Please try to keep up with us here.

flawless_victory 10-19-2004 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, you should wake up. The situation is 77 vs QQ on an AA7 board. If an ace comes, the QQ has aces full of queens to beat hero's aces full of sevens. Thus the claim that QQ is a "two-outer" is false, as it's really a four outer. That's the point he was making. If you don't understand what's being dicussed (you apparently thought he was talking about alternate enemy holdings rather than the outs for QQ), you would be better off asking for clarification politely rather than being so rude. Please try to keep up with us here.

[/ QUOTE ]
lololol... wake up! this guy beat me to it...

Lawrence Ng 10-19-2004 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He saved me one extra Big Bet so I guess I am happy about that. But that was an awful beat. A two outer hits on the river for his bigger Boat. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has 4 outs, and yes it's very believable.