Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Tricky hank (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364527)

Ray_bob 10-24-2005 05:31 PM

Tricky hank

reads: shaky1111 has a 60% vpi- however is extremly passive
hes checked top 2 pair on the button with a rainbow flop
then called down bets to the river. has done many other things of that nature. my thinking is he calls so many hands pre-flop that he might of had a king low kicker so i wanted to make him pay and push other draws out.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

xenthebrain 10-24-2005 05:35 PM

Re: Tricky hank

Raise preflop, you have good chances to have the best hand right now.
The rest is ok.
Value-bet your top pair against this passive villain.

deception5 10-24-2005 05:35 PM

This looks fine...

Ray_bob 10-24-2005 05:37 PM

he had a set of 7s it turned out btw

deception5 10-24-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't mind limping here with 2 EP limpers before us. We may have a slight edge preflop but I'd against players like this I'd rather punish them when we hit a K/Q because they are so likely to call down anyway and our edge is generally much larger.

MrWookie47 10-24-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank him for not charging you dearly for the privilige of showing you. Raise preflop. Good post flop. Next.

deception5 10-24-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not at all surprised. That doesn't mean you should have played it differently. There are plenty of other hands in his range here - as you mentioned a weak king probably calls you down and I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like this calling down with an 8/7 (although you have more of a read on this particular loose/passive player than I do). You can't not bet though because he might have a better hand, your hand compares favorably to his range and so you did the right thing.

xenthebrain 10-24-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't mind limping here with 2 EP limpers before us. We may have a slight edge preflop but I'd against players like this I'd rather punish them when we hit a K/Q because they are so likely to call down anyway and our edge is generally much larger.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't punish them now for playing loose and then again if we hit?

shant 10-24-2005 05:45 PM

I would raise preflop. Aside from that you played it well and there's nothing you can do if he had a better hand. He saved you money.

deception5 10-24-2005 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't punish them now for playing loose and then again if we hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

We should actually. I don't know what I was thinking. If UTG and UTG+1 were reasonable players I don't like the preflop raise.