Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   AJ 75/150 hand vs Baronzeus (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405945)

djk123 12-27-2005 03:28 PM

AJ 75/150 hand vs Baronzeus

5 handed 75/150 game on Absolute. I had just sat down and dont think ive ever played against baronzeus.

EDITED

Folded to Baron in the button who raises, sb folds, i 3 bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], he calls.

Flop:Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
i bet, he calls.

turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i bet, he raises, i ?

DMBFan23 12-27-2005 03:35 PM

Re: AJ 75/150 hand vs Baronzeus

he's in position, so I can just delete the first "he checks" part from each street and get the action correct?

djk123 12-27-2005 03:39 PM

yes i was being stupid

12-27-2005 03:47 PM

I'd probably just call down. You could probably call and donk / fold the river. I wouldn't 3 bet. Too often he's just using his position to make you miserable with a weak hand. Just don't fold.

krishanleong 12-27-2005 04:41 PM

I think I'd call and donk the river (calling a raise)

Krishan

DMBFan23 12-27-2005 04:43 PM

having never played 75/150 and only knowing baron from his posts here (which tend to involve him aggressively pushing a small edge, he's a pretty decent handreader) I would say call down and not worry about him pulling a free showdown on you too often, at least not with anything he'll call a river bet with. he'll definitely value bet a lot from what I've read of him

the other option is to 3-bet but I like to go into an action with a plan for all their possible reactions, and I don't know whether or not I'd fold if he capped, or raised a heart river, or raised a blank river. thoughts from anyone on that would be appreciated

Alobar 12-27-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
having never played 75/150 and only knowing baron from his posts here (which tend to involve him aggressively pushing a small edge, he's a pretty decent handreader) I would say call down and not worry about him pulling a free showdown on you too often, at least not with anything he'll call a river bet with. he'll definitely value bet a lot from what I've read of him

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus 12-27-2005 05:18 PM

Also note that I'm running really bad on absolute at this point. Like really, really bad.

Edit: I'm saying this to say that I might be tilting a bit and may pull random [censored]. I'd 3bet me in this spot, since I usually have a weaker ace.

12-27-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also note that I'm running really bad on absolute at this point. Like really, really bad.

Edit: I'm saying this to say that I might be tilting a bit and may pull random [censored]. I'd 3bet me in this spot, since I usually have a weaker ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually just going to suggest the opposite. Your bad streak has humbled you considerably and you went from ultra-aggressive to just normal (judging by your posts at least). This could easily mean a bigger hand than AJ. Calling down is better regardless of the site.

baronzeus 12-27-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually just going to suggest the opposite. Your bad streak has humbled you considerably and you went from ultra-aggressive to just normal (judging by your posts at least). This could easily mean a bigger hand than AJ. Calling down is better regardless of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was only running bad on AP, and it definitely makes me far more aggressive.