Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   i had a dream last night that the colts went 16-0 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400386)

Jack of Arcades 12-18-2005 05:53 AM

Re: i had a dream last night that the colts went 16-0

Guys,

I think you'll find that things are a lot different in the playoffs when the Pats are playing in Indy, as opposed to below freezing in Foxboro.

Toro 12-18-2005 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

I think you'll find that things are a lot different in the playoffs when the Pats are playing in Indy, as opposed to below freezing in Foxboro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acknowledged. But this was also said when the Pats had to play the greatest show on turf in the Super Bowl. In Bill we trust.

Jack of Arcades 12-18-2005 09:03 AM

Toro,

Yeah, I remember that. It's just a very big advantage for cold weather teams - dome teams don't see anything like that, even if they are in a dome.

JTrout 12-18-2005 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
up to $50

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Matt Williams 12-18-2005 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

Acknowledged. But this was also said when the Pats had to play the greatest show on turf in the Super Bowl. In Bill we trust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but Dungy isn't a stubborn cocky mule (Martz) who thinks he can win his way. If things aren't going to plan, he'll change it against the Pats.

Warchant88 12-18-2005 01:08 PM

What happens when the Jags go into Foxboro and take down the defending champs?

tbach24 12-18-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea but the Colts defense is good too. I really can't see anyone going into Indy and giving the Colts an ass-whipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

no asss whipping. vinatieri fg. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but all the fg's in the world aren'y going to cover the 6TDs Peyton and co will drop on them

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually 14 fg's would cover 6 TDs (if we include extra points).

kenberman 12-18-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but Dungy isn't a stubborn cocky mule (Martz) who thinks he can win his way. If things aren't going to plan, he'll change it against the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

and your evidence for this is? the past 2 years, the Pats have played the Colts when their secondary has been banged up, and the Colts have failed to adjust.

look, I don't think anyone is saying that the Colts won't be big favorites IF these 2 teams play in Indy.

but, the Pats are playing much better than earlier in the season. this has a lot to do w/ injuries, and guys (Ellis Hobbs, for instance) getting more experience.

Pats are more than battle tested, and the Colts will be the team w/ all the pressure. an upset would not be completely shocking

Matt Williams 12-18-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and your evidence for this is? the past 2 years, the Pats have played the Colts when their secondary has been banged up, and the Colts have failed to adjust.

look, I don't think anyone is saying that the Colts won't be big favorites IF these 2 teams play in Indy.

but, the Pats are playing much better than earlier in the season. this has a lot to do w/ injuries, and guys (Ellis Hobbs, for instance) getting more experience.

Pats are more than battle tested, and the Colts will be the team w/ all the pressure. an upset would not be completely shocking

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.. my comment was directed toward how the Rams played in the Superbowl. Relax.

Greg J 12-18-2005 01:54 PM

Yr a nice guy Mike, but why you gotta be such a player hater? I'm not intrensically a Colts fan, but what they are doing this year is really cool. It's just great sports to have a team go undefeated. Now I can respect you wanting yr team (the Pats) to win. That's cool. But to cheer against a team making an accomplishment like going undefeated... I don't get it.

The people that piss me off: a group of old farts that sit on the sidelines and pop champaign when the last unfeated team loses. I want to see those bitches put in thier place.

sublime 12-18-2005 02:02 PM

im just a hater, what can i say? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

kyro 12-18-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yr a nice guy Mike, but why you gotta be such a player hater? I'm not intrensically a Colts fan, but what they are doing this year is really cool. It's just great sports to have a team go undefeated. Now I can respect you wanting yr team (the Pats) to win. That's cool. But to cheer against a team making an accomplishment like going undefeated... I don't get it.

The people that piss me off: a group of old farts that sit on the sidelines and pop champaign when the last unfeated team loses. I want to see those bitches put in thier place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You've grouped two sets of people. Both sets of people are the exact same. The difference is you cheer for one and despise the other. Let's say the Colts go 19-0. What makes you think they won't be popping champagne every year from now on? Will you be pissed at them then, too?

kyro 12-18-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice one.

You just can't exaggerate on 2+2...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think he was exaggerating. Pats D got throttled IN Foxboro so it wouldn't surprise me if there were people who actually thought P&co would drop the hammer in a dome.

kyro 12-18-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
up to $50

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about a 10 unit bet on a sports game for me. So in other words, I AM pretty confident.

Greg J 12-18-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You've grouped two sets of people. Both sets of people are the exact same. The difference is you cheer for one and despise the other. Let's say the Colts go 19-0. What makes you think they won't be popping champagne every year from now on? Will you be pissed at them then, too?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't totally understand yr reasoning here. If the Colts do end up going undefeated and have the classlessness to cheer against teams going undefeated, I would want them put in thier place too. But the only crime the Colts have committed here is winning every game. It's not like they made some weak music video about going to the Super Bowl or anything.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...wl_shuffle.jpg

kyro 12-18-2005 02:26 PM

I'd like to put a wager of up to $50 tha...

OK, never mind.

But if you think the Colts won't be doing the same thing, (or very similar), I think you're completely wrong. If I played on the only undefeated team in NFL history, I'd be there with them popping champagne, and I consider myself a very gracious winner.

Joe Tall 12-18-2005 04:57 PM

I'm down with that! Holla!

Did this look like your dream:

http://www2.indystar.com/library/fac.../img/1222b.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/d...eyton1_all.jpg

http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fb...48319_0528.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photo...img7665134.jpg

http://graphics.boston.com/images/sp...ing_800600.jpg

http://sportserver.nandomedia.com/ip...49-manning.jpg

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/N...w-Townsend.JPG

http://patriotreport.blogspot.com/manning_afc.jpg

http://sportserver.nandomedia.com/ip.../258-colts.jpg

http://www.projo.com/sharedcontent/e.../images/12.jpg

trying2learn 12-18-2005 05:20 PM

so much for that dream.

pokerdirty 12-18-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so much for that dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/LAW/07/....miss.cleo.jpg

Voltron87 12-18-2005 07:20 PM

i didnt see the game, how many of their starters did indy play?

tolbiny 12-18-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fwiw, I think it's a rivalry, just jabbing back at the idiots who used to say that. And regular season means squat. Do it in the playoffs and the pats will still have at least 2 more rings the last five years.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Richard Tanner 12-18-2005 07:23 PM

If it's truthful: All except C. Simon and R. Mathis, important but not gamechanging, the Bolts played a great game, and the Colts as a result, played...uh...not so well.

If it's sarcasm: You are a bad person.

Cody

Voltron87 12-18-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's truthful: All except C. Simon and R. Mathis, important but not gamechanging, the Bolts played a great game, and the Colts as a result, played...uh...not so well.

If it's sarcasm: You are a bad person.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

im serious that i didnt see it, i had important stuff scheduled.

sublime 12-18-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fwiw, I think it's a rivalry, just jabbing back at the idiots who used to say that. And regular season means squat. Do it in the playoffs and the pats will still have at least 2 more rings the last five years.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

Jack of Arcades 12-18-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody.

jstnrgrs 12-19-2005 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if anyone remembers the result of the last game that the Pats played in Indy. It was an exciting game to watch, but ultimatlly the Pats came out on top.

kyro 12-19-2005 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if anyone remembers the result of the last game that the Pats played in Indy. It was an exciting game to watch, but ultimatlly the Pats came out on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be one of my favorite arguments ever.

But, but, we beat you two years ago when our teams and coaches were different!!!!

New year. Colts = better. Patriots = worse.

jstnrgrs 12-19-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be one of my favorite arguments ever.

But, but, we beat you two years ago when our teams and coaches were different!!!!

New year. Colts = better. Patriots = worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. However, the colts have lost in Indy this year, and the Pats have won in the dome, so the argument that the Colts will win because of the location of the game doesn't really hold up.

lastchance 12-19-2005 12:39 AM

No, it just makes it even harder to beat the best team in the NFL, which is much improved, and the Patriots, who are not playing anywhere near the level they were playing at last year.

Note to Pats fans: The Colts are better this year, the Patriots are worse.

The Colts will probably win because they are playing at home, because their D-Line munches a Patriots line, because Manning picks apart a weak secondary, and because they will be fully rested and healthy against a banged up Pats team that still has to beat Jacksonville to get to Indy.

Sponger15SB 12-19-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DE CAF!

DE CAF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst. Commercial. Ever.

TheRover 12-19-2005 12:40 AM

Fellas,

This entire thread from start to finish blows in many ways. Just let it die.

Thanks.

kyro 12-19-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DE CAF!

DE CAF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Best. Commercial. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB 12-19-2005 12:50 AM

This commercial has single handedly made me go from liking peyton to hating him with a passion. he is the biggest [censored] dork ever. also, why the [censored] would he do a commercial that makes him look fagtastic, does he need the money? he could certainly find a cooler thing to promote.

Russ McGinley 12-19-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fagtastic

[/ QUOTE ]

MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sublime 12-19-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
him look fagtastic,

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.any-book-in-print.com/ima...ing_on_you.gif

kyro 12-19-2005 02:09 AM

It's supposed to make him look like a dork. That's the point. It's a funny commercial, and I don't even like him.

pryor15 12-19-2005 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's supposed to make him look like a dork. That's the point. It's a funny commercial, and I don't even like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

the commercial is awesome. it could only be better if the King was in it.

TheNoodleMan 12-19-2005 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, unless you count the 3 defensive starters who were held out, all with injuries that Dungy admitted would not have kept them out of a playoff game.

Victor 12-19-2005 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, unless you count the 3 defensive starters who were held out, all with injuries that Dungy admitted would not have kept them out of a playoff game.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt matter bc defense definitely didnt cost the colts this game

Toro 12-19-2005 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and the Patriots, who are not playing anywhere near the level they were playing at last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen the last few weeks, this is debatable. What happened early and mid season is totally meaningless right now. The Pats are a vastly superior team to the one early in the year and I believe are playing as well as they played last year at the same time of year.