Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   i actually did snap this time (posting for you swede...long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407869)

B Dids 12-30-2005 09:52 PM

Re: i actually did snap this time (posting for you swede...long)

I believe that there was one of those "ripped from the headlines" movies about it. David Chapelle had a bit part.

HopeydaFish 12-30-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty surprised at all the back-patting you're getting on this one. This guy may or may not have committed some minor moving violations, and fled from the scene of an "accident" (with no visible damage), but your actions were well beyond a reasonable (or, I'm guessing, legal) response. You're lucky you didn't end up in jail for assault or worse or get into a conflict for which your baseballs might not have been adequate protection.

FWIW tapping on the brakes when someone's tailgating you and you can't switch lanes isn't a dick move--I always thought it was pretty standard. (Sometimes tailgaters just don't realize how close they are or that you can't switch lanes at the moment or expect you to speed up or whatever.) A quick tap on the brakes and almost all of the time they'll get the message, brake a bit, and let you pass into the other lane.

Slamming on your brakes and making the tailgater brake hard is a dick move. Throwing two baseballs in retaliation is unbelievably stupid and reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a nice view up there on your pedestal?

B Dids 12-30-2005 10:56 PM

btw- bkd3clash is totally correct here. Gross overeaction.

Frankly- if he's really so close that you can't slow down, I'd just wait till the next light and go about 10 mph from there on out.

tdarko 12-31-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw- bkd3clash is totally correct here. Gross overeaction.

Frankly- if he's really so close that you can't slow down, I'd just wait till the next light and go about 10 mph from there on out.

[/ QUOTE ]
actually he hit my car. i didn't do anything until the hit & run and refusal to confront the situation which was his fault. usually i agree with you on everything dids but i couldn't really do much, i was driving on a street and the guy hit me and drove off...and i wanted to assess the situation and he didn't so i got pissed. thats basically the tl;dr version of it.

throwing something may be an overreaction but "gross" is an exaggeration IMO.

Ass Master 12-31-2005 01:46 AM

Not necessarily. Windows installed in cars are quite a bit tougher than e.g. standard house windows.

12-31-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. Windows installed in cars are quite a bit tougher than e.g. standard house windows.

[/ QUOTE ]
my senior year of high school i worked at a shop that installed car stereo's and it also tinted windows...a window in a home isn't even the same glass as one in a car.

you see windows breaking from foulballs at baseball games but that is different, they are coming from the sky, picking up speed at impact. i doubt anyone would be able to break a car window while sitting in a drivers seat throwing across a lane to another car.

FYI: the best way to break a car window is to take porcelein (you can find it on some engine parts) and take a hammer and crush it until its a powder. then pinch the powder till it feels "tight" in your fingers, then tap/strike that glass...it will cobwebb the glass...this is what the best car thiefs do b/c its quiet, clean and quick.