Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($11) QQ hand, good/bad/ugly? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385911)

Mariogs379 11-27-2005 12:09 AM

($11) QQ hand, good/bad/ugly?

blinds: 10/20 starting stax: 1500
im sb one lp limper i raise to 100 with QQ
bb folds lp calls
flop is Ad Kh Qd
i push...
what do you think?

rdubya 11-27-2005 12:13 AM

Re: ($11) QQ hand, good/bad/ugly?

no one reraised you better lay down a pot sized bet.....you wanna make money off of it..if hes got AA that was just a dumb play by not reraising...same with KK..id put him on AK...but since its internet play he could have A through 2 =)

bawcerelli 11-27-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
id put him on AK

[/ QUOTE ]

why? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

dseiko 11-27-2005 12:21 AM

This would be a tough spot for me. I don't like pushing here. I think if your going to get called, you'll be beat, and the pot is to small. I probably bet the pot, folding to an all in reraise. Assuming a call on the flop from the villain, i continue with a pot bet on the turn and maybe check behind on the river, unless i fill up. I'd also slow down if a j t or daimond fell

rdubya 11-27-2005 12:25 AM

Well what else is he gonna have?
rockets..nope..
kings..nope..
j 10?? if he is on tilt..why call a reraise with j10?..

who cares if he has 2 pair..you still got him beat...
AK wouldnt make sense either though..cause he probably woulda reraised..your right...

so now i put them on KQ or low pocket pair

bawcerelli 11-27-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet the pot, folding to an all in reraise. Assuming a call on the flop from the villain, i continue with a pot bet on the turn and maybe check behind on the river, unless i fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...what's going in this forum tonight? i'm perplexed, no beyond perplexed, i'm flummoxed from the advice being given out tonight.

bawcerelli 11-27-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well what else is he gonna have?

[/ QUOTE ]

he limped preflop!! and you want to put him on AK? oh my word...

rdubya 11-27-2005 12:30 AM

Please re-read my post...

bawcerelli 11-27-2005 12:33 AM

i see the bottom part now. but why put him on KQ? how likely is the case Q hitting the flop? why put him on ANY hand? all u know is he open limped pf in lp, then called a raise. he probably does have some kind of mid PP, but really it's an $11 and you don't know what he has here. as for the flop open push, def. a bad play.

dseiko 11-27-2005 12:45 AM

To the OP - ignore my original response, i was overthinking it. This is after all only an $11
To bawcerelli - thanks for pointing out my overthinkinging (word?)

After re-evalulating this hand, i still don't push on the flop. I make pot bets and continue to until the river. If He raises all in on the flop, i'd be glad to call. He'll generally hold a hand weaker than yours, such as weark ace, maybe 2 pair, or even a straigh/flush draw - rarely will he hold jt.