Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Play the board and call for 4 way chop? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334152)

gaming_mouse 09-11-2005 12:03 AM

Play the board and call for 4 way chop?

Party Poker 15/30 (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, hijack raises, CO folds, button calls, hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, hijack bets, everyone calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
everyone checks.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, hijack bets, button calls, Hero????

EDIT: Please ignore the loose flop call. I'm interested in the river.

shant 09-11-2005 12:14 AM

Re: Play the board and call for 4 way chop?

Flop call is weird, but since your question is on the river, I say fold. Even if no one has a T you're putting in 1BB to win 1.5-2BB.

09-11-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop call is weird, but since your question is on the river, I say fold. Even if no one has a T you're putting in 1BB to win 1.5-2BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have never have realized this. Can you show me using simple words (and maybe some pictures) how you calculate this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

09-11-2005 01:33 AM

No pot size? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Looks like ~ 10 BB to me, mebbe 11 if the BB calls. That's closer to 2.5 or 3 BB we can win. I am a noob, you all are gods so I'm prolly wrong, but I think we're good at least 1/3 of the time here.

Bodhi 09-11-2005 01:43 AM

First of all, you didn't include the pot size in your post, so you didn't provide all the information needed to answer your question. Secondly, [ QUOTE ]
Please ignore the loose flop call. I'm interested in the river.

[/ QUOTE ] The flop call isn't loose; it's much worse than that, so it's difficult to ignore. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

shant 09-11-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No pot size? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Looks like ~ 10 BB to me, mebbe 11 if the BB calls. That's closer to 2.5 or 3 BB we can win. I am a noob, you all are gods so I'm prolly wrong, but I think we're good at least 1/3 of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: 4BB
Flop: 2BB
River: 2BB + 1 more if BB calls.

So 10BB will split 4 ways. 1BB to win 2.5BB.

What % of the time does someone have a T? I don't know how to factor that in, maybe it is a call.

lufbradolly 09-11-2005 06:04 AM

Fold to flop bet hahaha.